Electrolux dryer with blower fan design flaw

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 15, 2019
I purchased a $1000+ Electrolux dryer Sept 2016. One year + 1 month (Oct 2017) later I had it serviced because it sounded like an airplane was taking off, it was vibrating and the clothes weren't drying within the cycle. The service technician vacuumed the fins on the blower fan which was clogged with lint. I clean the lint screen after every load. This is in a location not accessible without removing the front panel. I had it serviced again with the same problem (July 2018) and again (Jan. 2019). The last service tech told me it was a common problem with this model of dryer. I contacted Electrolux to inquire if there had been a recall on the model. They said no. A google search shows many owners with the same issue. I called the 800 number, sent a formal e-mail and followed up twice by phone. I requested the replacement parts be supplied free of charge ($425). They will not assist in any way. They're standing by the machine was out of warranty for parts and labour after the first year and parts are warrantied for 2 years. In one e-mail correspondence they recommend getting the machine repaired because a lint-clogged blower can cause a fire. Any suggestions?