• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 23, 2021
Hi all,

I am posting this as my family and I had 2 trips planned for March 2020, both booked with edreams, an online booking system legally based in Spain.
We have been trying to get both trips refunded by them, but after many hours on the phone and long waits to get emails confirmations from them, we are still waiting.
In the meantime they removed their call center numbers, so apart from an automatic form in the website is impossible to get hold of them.
On their page both reservations appear as refunded, but we never got emails nor money.
It would be great to have an assistance on this, as we are really frustrated with their way of doing business, while we understand that the Corona crisis affected everybody, it's not fair to have us waiting for almost a year.

Thanks
Carla P.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did you cancel the trips or did Edreams? Did they offer you a credit for a later date? If you go to your “manage my booking” page, what does it tell you?

What exactly did you book- air ticket, hotel? If air, they are dependent on the airline refunding them. If hotel- many countries in Europe have enacted laws to allow hotels and travel providers to offer a credit instead of a refund. We need more information on what type of trip you booked.

Have you contacted your credit card company to file a dispute?

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
I think there is more information needed.
Where were you flying to and from?
Was your flight canceled?
Did you cancel this flight?
Did you cancel this flight and later the airlines also canceled this flight?
This information would help a lot.
I would add you are in a large group of unhappy eDreams customers.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Hi all,

I am posting this as my family and I had 2 trips planned for March 2020, both booked with edreams, an online booking system legally based in Spain.
We have been trying to get both trips refunded by them, but after many hours on the phone and long waits to get emails confirmations from them, we are still waiting.
In the meantime they removed their call center numbers, so apart from an automatic form in the website is impossible to get hold of them.
On their page both reservations appear as refunded, but we never got emails nor money.
It would be great to have an assistance on this, as we are really frustrated with their way of doing business, while we understand that the Corona crisis affected everybody, it's not fair to have us waiting for almost a year.

Thanks
Carla P.
This is a long time to wait; I'm sorry you booked with an online service. I hope that they are established and reputable. I assume you booked package trips from edreams, right? What were their cancellation policies at the time you booked? Air and ground are vastly different. The cancellation policies are what will govern how much you are able to recoup from the cancelled trips at some point. Unfortunately, they have probably removed their contact information because they have no cash to refund and they are no longer able to pay people to answer the phone or do customer service. It's quite impossible to keep any kind of organization running with ongoing expenses and no revenue.

It looks as tho your trip is eligible for a refund and they've posted that on their website. Exactly how much a refund and when it might materialize is the question. Realistically, nothing will happen until the pandemic is over and travel providers have several months to start making money again. It could take a very long time. At this moment, they have no cash to refund and no prospects of obtaining any. Please come back to us with the cancellation information and we'll see what we can do. Right now, you want to be first in line for a refund when they start issuing them again. You are right that the virus has affected everybody, travel providers as well as travellers. It's not been fair to either group.