due date cgange

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 14, 2018
didn`t know where else to post this, but credit one is great and just needs some slight adjustment for perfection. Move the due date for first month payments to the 3rd rather than the second because alot of us don`t receive our money till the 3rd and a late payment fee, even just one, will taint our credit, and I`m trying to build my credit, so I`ld like to avoid any late charges if possible. TY!

Aug 14, 2018
Thx, I still got plenty of time and I could find someone to call for me I`m sure. I was hoping that could be relayed through here, cause I`m trying to do as much as I can myself, and I don`t have a phone myself due to my speech difficulty. But a friend has a cell phone and I could ask him. Could you give me a worst case scenario? If I`m just a day late on my first payment, then will that cost me much?

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
You will need to read the terms and conditions of your specific credit card. You should be able to do a computer chat with your card company to ask them to change your date, and your questions about late fees. We aren't affiliated with any banks or credit card companies, and don't have access to the information you're requesting.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We can’t relay this information for you. You need to do it yourself as you are asking for a change for one of your own cards. The cc company needs your number and the cc company doesn’t read these posts.

It’s very simple- you can make a change just by picking up the phone and calling.

Sep 19, 2015
Thx, I still got plenty of time and I could find someone to call for me I`m sure. I was hoping that could be relayed through here, cause I`m trying to do as much as I can myself, and I don`t have a phone myself due to my speech difficulty. But a friend has a cell phone and I could ask him. Could you give me a worst case scenario? If I`m just a day late on my first payment, then will that cost me much?
You need to look at the terms of your card. They will likely charge you a late fee. There should be a telephone number on the back of the card.

The bank will only deal with the account holder because of confidentiality laws.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I sure do understand you wish to be independent, and I admire it Hopefully you can deal with this yourself through a website "chat" with your CC company. Otherwise, your friend can call, explain that you need to communicate in writing, and arrange for you to send an email or fax with your request to change the due date. If you receive funds on the 3rd of the month, why not change the date to the 5th or 6th, just for a little wiggle room?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
It depends on how much you have charged. You’ll be charged a late fee and interest based on how much you owe.

Try and get a friend to call for you ASAP. As long as you are there, put the phone on speaker so your friend can speak for you and the rep. can hear you are there to identify yourself.

My wife and I do this for my father in law all the time because he can’t hear on the phone.

You don’t want your first payment to be late. It’s a simple fix.