Don't use Travelex

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 19, 2018
Purchased a policy from Travelex, started my trip, got sick (pneumonia) and had to return home. Filed a claim with Travelex with ALL required supporting documentation and I was issued a check for $650.00 that ONLY covered my airfare change fees. The original claim was for $4500.00 ( %150 of insured trip cost of $3000.00). Travelex refused to pay so I took them to court where I received judgment for $3,938.00 (plus interest and court fees). They still refuse to pay -ignoring a court order!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Have you spoken to an attorney to see if there is anything else you can do? I'd like to know why they denied the claim - do you have a link to the policy you bought - did it include trip interruption? Did they actually show up in court or did they not show up and you won by default? (Not that that matters).

Have you filed a complaint with the Attorney General in your state?

Jul 13, 2016
The trip interruption does not automatically pay out 150% of non-refundable cost. It is supposed to pay out 100% with extra (Up to 150%) to cover airline change fees, and additional hotel and transportation costs.

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Purchased a policy from Travelex, started my trip, got sick (pneumonia) and had to return home. Filed a claim with Travelex with ALL required supporting documentation and I was issued a check for $650.00 that ONLY covered my airfare change fees. The original claim was for $4500.00 ( %150 of insured trip cost of $3000.00). Travelex refused to pay so I took them to court where I received judgment for $3,938.00 (plus interest and court fees). They still refuse to pay -ignoring a court order!
Are you in the United States? Where did your trip originate? What type of trip was this and how did your illness actually affect your travel days? What was insured with Travelex? What did you try to claim from Travelex?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
So as you see, Fleeced, to assist with problems like this we need to know all the details. Please make a list in chronological order of the facts and we will help you figure out how to deal with this. The devil's in the details, and when insurance is involved those details are even more important.