Does United care about us as people or are we just a number? I shouldn't have to worry if I am going to be touched unwanted, cursed and pissed on!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2018
Seat 12D and 12 C on UA1611, based on seatguru, is a premium economy seat on a 737-700. So, compensation should be commensurate.

That said, sexual assault should not be acceptable. I wouldn't be asking for financial compensation. I'd be asking for assistance in filing charges, including whatever methods there are for providing the flight attendant/pilots as witnesses and, where possible, contacting passengers nearby who would also have witnessed the assault.

Dec 19, 2014
Seat 12D and 12 C on UA1611, based on seatguru, is a premium economy seat on a 737-700. So, compensation should be commensurate.

The flight in question is UA 4834, aka the ORD-FNT segment, which is on a CRJ aka 2-2 seating. The passenger in question asked to switch from the window to the aisle seat, thus, the OP was trapped in the window seat during the duration of the flight.

Mar 29, 2016
In order to have a positive outcome, this is a situation that must be rectified in real time. You might have luck getting some sort of compensation along with a canned response through the usual customer service channels but given the nature of this incident and your level of distress it's unlikely to provide any material satisfaction. (This is the sort of story a site like the Daily Mail loves to publish, especially if you have video.;))

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com

That said, sexual assault should not be acceptable. I wouldn't be asking for financial compensation. I'd be asking for assistance in filing charges, including whatever methods there are for providing the flight attendant/pilots as witnesses and, where possible, contacting passengers nearby who would also have witnessed the assault.
If the writer paid more for premium economy then those fees should be requested as well.

Unless the FAs reported this and have the other flyers name and are willing to give it to our writer, how is she supposed to file a sexual assault charge now?

Jan 3, 2019

My issue is how do you go about that? I don't know where to start.

Jan 3, 2019
If the writer paid more for premium economy then those fees should be requested as well.

Unless the FAs reported this and have the other flyers name and are willing to give it to our writer, how is she supposed to file a sexual assault charge now?
I am not sure I can file charges now.

johnbaker

Verified Member
Oct 2, 2014
@Deepthinker10 Why wouldn't you be able to file charges? You should be able to go back out to EWR and find the Port Authority Police station. From what I can find, it appears to be in Terminal B. If you go in, give them your story and identifying information (ie what he looks like, flight / seat info), they should be able to file a "Joe Doe" report and if there's enough evidence, obtain a warrant for his name (if UA won't just give it to them).

Good Luck

Jan 3, 2019
@Deepthinker10 Why wouldn't you be able to file charges? You should be able to go back out to EWR and find the Port Authority Police station. From what I can find, it appears to be in Terminal B. If you go in, give them your story and identifying information (ie what he looks like, flight / seat info), they should be able to file a "Joe Doe" report and if there's enough evidence, obtain a warrant for his name (if UA won't just give it to them).

Good Luck
I am not sure if I got to my airport where I landed.

Sep 19, 2015

It sounds as this did not happen on UA 1611 but on UA 4834 which was Chicago to Flint and is operated by AIr Wisconsin and is on a regional jet. Seat row 12 is in the back of the plane as it is not that big.

Sep 19, 2015

Good Luck
Sounds like this was on the Chicago to Flint segment so NJ Port Authority police would not be involved — either Chicago or Flint

Nov 1, 2017
That sounds terrible. Flying today is bad enough with all the cavity searches etc. You definitely don't want the guy next to you to start urinating all over you.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We really neee correct information from our writer on what flight this happened on. If it was a regional flight is may have nothing to do with UA.

Op, please tell us the exact flight and airline this happened on.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
We really neee correct information from our writer on what flight this happened on. If it was a regional flight is may have nothing to do with UA.

Op, please tell us the exact flight and airline this happened on.
"I was coming home from EWR to FNT on the UA1611 and UA4834 flight from visiting my parents in NJ by myself. I got onto the flight in ORD after running "

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
So this was on the flight from ORD to FNT?
I am getting confused with this:

“It sounds as this did not happen on UA 1611 but on UA 4834 which was Chicago to Flint and is operated by AIr Wisconsin and is on a regional jet. Seat row 12 is in the back of the plane as it is not that big.”

Status
Not open for further replies.