Disneyland: Harassment, discrimination, hate crime, profiling and loss of property by Disneyland Staff.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 8, 2019
I've submitted a thorough review to Disneyland's Guest Correspondence, only to be ignored and was provided a canned apology message. I had to go back and forth with her because she kept saying the same thing and it was not genuine or real to my particularly situation, which I will share. I have used the contacts provided here and emailed the executive for Disney World and was able to locate the Director of Park operations in Disneyland, but no one has responded either.

Oct 8, 2019
My family and I planned a special trip for our nephew's 2nd birthday at Disneyland, and traveled all the way here and purchased tickets and passes. We spent on merchandise, dined, and purchased fast track tickets. We encountered issues right away starting from when our car entered the parking lot. The attendant had spat in our section while taking our money and we had asked about the tram but he made a crappy remark and snarky comment while looking at my cousin saying that "she can definitely use the walk" because she was on the bigger side. This was appalling, but we didn't let that ruin our day. He probably benefited by knowing that there isn't much we can do if we were to hold up traffic it would be on us. Then upon entering all our bags were checked. I didn't own a bag but was told to step aside. The person was staring at my crotch area the entire time and I was handled because they told me that it looked like a foreign object. Wow!! What in the world is this??! They also asked me to flip over my pockets, and then told me to go. I don't think this is legal and this has to be harassment. My junk was grabbed and he did not apologize. I didn't see them doing this to anyone else, but I also didn't want to stick around and find out. I immediately asked for the manager, but they mentioned that it's "Disney's policy" and that I'd either "adhere to it, or just leave without entering the park." You'd think from how much we pay to get into the theme park and enjoy ourselves, the money would be better spent on training the staff along with training in customer service. We were extremely upset. AND again, we did not let this bother us. We were walking pass by the Disney resort and villas, and the guy wanted to sell us a package deal, saying that we'll receive a free gift if he can have 10 seconds of our time. He grabbed my sister's arm and cat called her asking if she was taken and that if he can get her number so that he can send her exclusive deals directly. He also asked if we were together (as a couple) and then winked at me and said she's "finger lickin' delicious looking" and is "so fire". Let's talk about unwanted harassment. I had to step in and say this is unacceptable and we are not interested and signaled everyone to continue walking. I believe that was a bit traumatic for the girls in our group. He also started to follow us and was threatening me saying that I am "foolish" and a "dick" for walking away when he was about to offer the deal of a lifetime.

There was also an error with the fast tickets, we had all booked them but the app was glitching and had erased our times, so when we went, it was automatically showing that we had no reservation. Yet, another letdown and the staff was not helpful whatsoever. Then, our stroller was moved to another place by the staff, who initially denied it, and we had to figure out where it could have been, or if we had to file a missing item. This was by the Peterpan ride. Then she admitted saying that maybe they did place them elsewhere. When we were told where it could possibly be, guess what, it was not there and it was missing. At this point, my cousin and nephew decidedly to leave the park, feeling extremely upset and disappointed, and traumatized. During one of the rides, when one of the staff member was lowering the lever, she accidentally jammed my hand, I said ouch, and she didn't say anything or apologized either. Had a small bruise afterwards.

A Guest Correspondence coordinator responded just to say that they are sorry and that they have shared this with the leadership team. I kept pressing them and the coordinator kept apologizing that they fell short of expectations but that the leadership team also agreed with the resolution she provided, which is... none apart from a canned apology.

Jan 6, 2015
I'm not sure that details are needed here. Given your claim of harassment, discrimination, hate-crime, profiling, and loss of property by Disneyland staff combined with using the Disney contacts on this site, the next logical step, I believe, is to contact an attorney.

Jan 11, 2019
Wow, no need to show your bigotry. I hope your comment gets removed. You should rethink your post.

Moderators note: The post this refers to was removed.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did you use all of our company contacts and go up the entire chain, one at a time leaving a week in between each email?

We need to know what happened because in many cases when the entire scenario is spelled out, the situation is not what the OP claims . In your case this is abhorrent behavior.

You need to contact an attorney. Did you get any names of these “cast members”. There are cameras through out these parks that can help identify these employees. Please contact one as soon as possible.

May 30, 2019
This reads like a very sad situation as well as something that is not typical of Disney's values or operations.

The OP wrote:
I kept pressing them and the coordinator kept apologizing that they fell short of expectations
Question to the OP: What do you want? Is a more sincere apology sufficient? Are you pressing for a redo of the trip without the sad experiences (e.g. credit to return), a refund, to press charges? Did you specify want you want in your correspondence?

Feb 12, 2019
Then, our stroller was moved to another place by the staff, who initially denied it, and we had to figure out where it could have been, or if we had to file a missing item. This was by the Peterpan ride. Then she admitted saying that maybe they did place them elsewhere. When we were told where it could possibly be, guess what, it was not there and it was missing.
Just in response to this part only: Cast members will routinely move strollers around. I have not been to Disneyland, but in Disney World guests often parked their strollers in areas that weren't allowed or in such a way that it impeded the walkway (fire hazard - there must be a clear walkway). Often this happened because one guest did it and then others, seeing that a stroller was there, figured that's where strollers go and and left theirs there as well. If we didn't keep up with moving strollers out of the way and to where they were supposed to be managers would be on us when they came around. The rides I used to work were in areas no where near as crowded as Magic Kingdom (and I assume Disneyland is as crowded as that if not more so as it's a smaller park) and strollers were sometimes moved 30+ feet away (or more if a guest left it in a random place). Also, cast members are on a rotating schedule so there's a good chance that whatever cast member moved your stroller could have rotated out by the time you came back.

Aug 29, 2018
Just in response to this part only: Cast members will routinely move strollers around. I have not been to Disneyland, but in Disney World guests often parked their strollers in areas that weren't allowed or in such a way that it impeded the walkway (fire hazard - there must be a clear walkway). Often this happened because one guest did it and then others, seeing that a stroller was there, figured that's where strollers go and and left theirs there as well. If we didn't keep up with moving strollers out of the way and to where they were supposed to be managers would be on us when they came around. The rides I used to work were in areas no where near as crowded as Magic Kingdom (and I assume Disneyland is as crowded as that if not more so as it's a smaller park) and strollers were sometimes moved 30+ feet away (or more if a guest left it in a random place). Also, cast members are on a rotating schedule so there's a good chance that whatever cast member moved your stroller could have rotated out by the time you came back.
If they do not have a standard place to which the strollers/items are moved, then, unless it is clearly visible to the guest, they should have some means of communicating between employees where things were moved. How is the guest to know where their property is located if it is randomly relocated by an employee?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If they do not have a standard place to which the strollers/items are moved, then, unless it is clearly visible to the guest, they should have some means of communicating between employees where things were moved. How is the guest to know where their property is located if it is randomly relocated by an employee?

This is the least of the OPs complaints and in view of the other issues, I wouldn’t even mention this.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
The strollers when moved are clearly visible as they have generally been moved less than 100 ft from where they were. This happens frequently when the Cast Members set up for the 3 daily parades. Disneyland is a very small park and Guest Parking (strollers) is a huge issue.

Feb 12, 2019
If they were asking for where their specific stroller was specifically moved the cast member wouldn't know. The cast member is likely moving several strollers all at once and doesn't pay attention to each specific one - or the cast member that moved them rotated out (though likely told the one rotating in "hey, I had to move some strollers to the stroller area"). In the park I worked at we had a large stroller parking area so all the strollers were in one designated area unless it was peak crowds. Other rides have multiple places where strollers are to be parked if there's limited space around the ride.

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
I second @VoR61 suggestion that you contact a lawyer. Your complaints are beyond the scope of this forum. Those items fall under unlawful activity and warrant repercussions way past goodwill compensation. We help consumers with issues such as delayed luggage compensation and bogus rental car damage claims, not harassment/assault issues.

Feb 12, 2019
Oh, and I forgot to add (but can't edit) that few rides actually have a designated position for strollers and it's usually the greeters that have to deal with them. But even then Disney isn't responsible for your stroller.

I agree with everyone else though - the stroller is the least of the problems and really, the issue they had with the stroller likely isn't a problem in Disney's eyes.