Disney World

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 18, 2018
My family went to Disney World October 2018. We stayed at Pop Century and received horrible service and bad food. When I called guest services to complain, they offered an upgrade to a moderate resort. We moved to Caribbean Beach where our room was infested with millipedes. Dead bugs on the floor, cobwebs in the corners, thick lining of dust along the carpet edges. Live millipedes crawling on the walls, floors and our luggage. We complained to the front desk and to management. They moved us, again to a new room that was clean. They reimbursed 1 night for the bugs.
We also had an interaction with Goofy at Epcot. While taking a picture with Goofy (disney staff took picture), Goofy grabbed his crotch while putting his arm around my 7 y/o and leaned over in front of him, blocking my sons face in the picture. I was standing there in shock and they sent this picture to my memory maker account. I showed this picture to 3 different cast members while there.
I sent an email with pictures of the room, millipedes, and Goofy. They offered to give us 3 nights at a value resort in the future and apologized for sending the picture to my account. NOT for the behavior of Goofy.
I told them I would give it some more thought on how I wanted to handle this problem. They are calling me back on Monday.

WHAT DO I DO? HOW DO I HANDLE THIS?

We were booked for 4n/5d vacation with hopper passes. We spent a combination of a day moving and 18 phone calls (1-3H) a day on the phone. I do not feel there offer is enough.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
They are offering you an almost free vacation. By your count you said you wasted a day. Did you still use the parks the rest of your stay?

Disney is in dire need of renovations at many of their resorts, in particularly their value resorts.

I would be particularly upset about the Goofy issue. That should definitely be mentioned especially if you have the pictures.

If you feel that three free nights isn’t enough, use our company contacts.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/disney-world/

Read the bottom of the page on how to write. Let us know the outcome.

Sep 19, 2015
What do you want from Disney? It is hard to advise you how to handle the situation without having an idea of your expectations.

Oct 18, 2018
The main reason I posted was regarding the goofy picture but I wanted to give everyone a complete picture of our trip. It’s interesting that there is nothing on the Internet regarding these situations.
I’m not sure what to do about the goofy picture especially with him not acknowledging his behavior only apologizing for sending me the picture. Any advice regarding this would be appreciated .

I know that I might sound greedy but there were other instances that occurred during our trip that I didn’t list in this post I just highlighted the major problems. I would like a four night five day stay just like we had booked with park tickets to replace the time that I spent on the phone and changing resorts and rooms. When I say there were bugs in the room there were literally millipedes crawling on the walls which I do have pictures for not counting the dirt and cobwebs all over the room.

Apr 15, 2016
We have been to Disney more than thirty times, including three this year and i am very surprised to hear that your experience was so bad. Disney is top notch in taking care of their guests. Caribbean Beach has recently been undergone a major renovation and i am not sure if it complete so potentially you were in a room that has not been renovated yet but i have no way to know. I assume you reported the room conditions immediately to the management at the resor t but your note does not mention that. i have found that when I have had an issue with a room, the resort management has been very helpful in resolving it.
As far as the picture with Goofy, he is Goofy and i am not sure that what he did was necessarily intention bad behavior but I do not know. Every character has a cast member with them. Did you say something at the time? It is really hard later for Disney to do anything about it after the fact. Also the memory maker is not filtered. Any photo taken with yours or your groups magic band will come through on memory maker. You can easily delete the photo.
I think Disney's offer is quite generous and i am not sure what else you expect them to do.

Dec 19, 2014
Disney is known for providing exceptional customer service. From a neutral third party observer, what Disney is offering you seems to be reasonable for the inconvenience that you experienced.

With regards to Goofy, are you sure it was intentional? Those costumes are bulky and sometimes things happen. I can't speak for your situation, but don't count on Goofy being reprimanded. Disney is located in Florida, which is renown for all sorts of bugs and creepy crawlers. Things happen. They moved you to a room to your satisfaction.

I would keep your response short, direct and to the point if you feel the compensation is inadequate.

"My family booked a 5 night stay with park hopper passes. Our original room was unacceptable due to XXXXX. We were then "upgraded" to CBR. Upon arrival, the "upgraded" room had a millipede infestation. We were then finally moved to an acceptable room. We appreciate being reimbursed for 1 night of our accommodation. However, our biggest disappointment was an inappropriate photo that appeared on our Memory Maker (attach said photo). This was shocking and inappropriate, and the events on this trip did not feel "magical." Although I have been offered a 3 night stay for a do-over, a kind gesture would be to include 4 day park-hopper tickets so we can experience the magic that Disney is known for."

Oct 18, 2018
Disney is known for providing exceptional customer service. From a neutral third party observer, what Disney is offering you seems to be reasonable for the inconvenience that you experienced.

With regards to Goofy, are you sure it was intentional? Those costumes are bulky and sometimes things happen. I can't speak for your situation, but don't count on Goofy being reprimanded. Disney is located in Florida, which is renown for all sorts of bugs and creepy crawlers. Things happen. They moved you to a room to your satisfaction.

I would keep your response short, direct and to the point if you feel the compensation is inadequate.

"My family booked a 5 night stay with park hopper passes. Our original room was unacceptable due to XXXXX. We were then "upgraded" to CBR. Upon arrival, the "upgraded" room had a millipede infestation. We were then finally moved to an acceptable room. We appreciate being reimbursed for 1 night of our accommodation. However, our biggest disappointment was an inappropriate photo that appeared on our Memory Maker (attach said photo). This was shocking and inappropriate, and the events on this trip did not feel "magical." Although I have been offered a 3 night stay for a do-over, a kind gesture would be to include 4 day park-hopper tickets so we can experience the magic that Disney is known for."

Thank You for your example.
Unfortunately it was deliberate and I urged Disney to review the video. I'm not sure what the motivation was and probably never will.