Disney Travel

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 28, 2015
New York
You mentioned there were 4 people traveling- if anything, she could call American and super nicely ask them to cut her a break on half (400/800). She may get lucky. I just wouldn't push it beyond that.

B

bodega3

There a lot of Disney Travel companies but there is only one through the Disney company. Do you have a link to the one you booked with?

Sep 1, 2015
KSNA
Sorry to hear the story. You're somewhat blaming AA; be aware the same fees are charged by DL, UA, etc. The sole exception is Southwest.

Your sister sounds inexperienced at booking air (no problem and that's why she used Disney). Is it possible Disney said on the phone, "The ticket can't be cancelled, but changes are allowed if you pay applicable fare difference and fees"? Fast forward days or weeks, and perhaps your sister forgot the last few words or didn't understand in the first place. I'm sure she's very honest but that's the sort of important detail that gets missed or forgotten with verbal transactions.

Also you're right, AA can't and won't do anything. Your sister is *not* AA's customer, she is Disney's and the travel provider will correctly refer her back to the agent.

Jan 8, 2015
TX, this confuses me

The beginning of the original trip fell at the end of the Food and Wine Festival and they were booking 2 separate moderate rooms at the same resort. They don't have 2 moderate rooms at the same resort for the original dates
How did she book the Disney vacation through Disney if they didn't have rooms for her there? Something isn't making sense to me as to why the original dates had to be changed.

Grant Ritchie

Dependable adequacy :-)
Oct 1, 2014
Hi lanvel,

Your post treads a bit too close to being spam for me to allow it. Apologies in advance if it was an innocent attempt to help, but I'm deleting it.

Grant Ritchie
Senior Lead Advocate

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
There are two phrases that come to mind:
buyer beware;
ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Having come to age in the 60's, these lessons were part of my education, taught by my parents.
Most of the problems presented to this forum try to obfuscate these two important rules of commerce.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Been a lot of chatter lately about rogue websites ... if you do a hotel search, you decide on the Hilton, you click on a link and you're taken to a website that looks just like Hilton's, but it's some scammy third-party booking site. You make a res, when you get there your res doesn't exist. And now the scammers have all your personal information! I've read this about all facets of travel. People have got to learn to be careful with DIY travel planning.