Disney Cruise Line Magic

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I did consider that, but then I thought it had nothing to do with the ship, but it was with a Disney employee. I was not about to pay a legal fee to find out.
I think you are doing the right thing. The best way to make a statement? Take your money elsewhere. Don’t give another penny of your hard earned money to Disney.

Feb 17, 2018
I think you are doing the right thing. The best way to make a statement? Take your money elsewhere. Don’t give another penny of your hard earned money to Disney.
Oh, I will still do the parks and other Disney ships. I am not too sure about the Magic. It all depends on circumstances. I have a big family and they all love Disney. I don't want to take that away from them. But, thank you for the suggestion.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Oh, I will still do the parks and other Disney ships. I am not too sure about the Magic. It all depends on circumstances. I have a big family and they all love Disney. I don't want to take that away from them. But, thank you for the suggestion.
They move employees from ship to ship- you could find that person on another ship.

Feb 17, 2018
They move employees from ship to ship- you could find that person on another ship.
Yes, they also move employees from the parks to the ships. There is a waiter who is outstanding, he was on the magic years ago. My daughter and I went to lunch after we embarked and he waited on us and said he waited on us before. He mentioned a few things we talked about the last time he took care of us. That was 3 years previous to this time. We were amazed.

There also was a fellow In the gift shop who was amazing, remembered my name every time I came and also what I liked.
In the comments I praised both these men and they were "promoted" to the Dream.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
escline, you had a horrendous experience and I am so glad we were able to shed a little light into the situation and how it could be dealt with ... no doubt it would be a very cumbersome task with little reward. You are right to just walk away and get on with life.

Feb 17, 2018
escline, you had a horrendous experience and I am so glad we were able to shed a little light into the situation and how it could be dealt with ... no doubt it would be a very cumbersome task with little reward. You are right to just walk away and get on with life.
Thank you!

Feb 24, 2018
Yes a woman phone me. I apologize for taking so long to reply to this post. As I spoke to risk management, I took notes. They apologized and were sorry I felt that way. They regret that it happened. It depends on ones sense of humor and not everyone takes things the same way. There is a fine line.
Ok, so now I decide to educate her. I asked if she knows what a lap dance is and if not, she should go to YouTube and find out. I also told her I was not what she perceived to be. I traveled to Hawaii alone. I am now very interested in DNA and want to find out more. This past July I took 2 teen aged grandsons to Disneyland. (Found out that is not an easy task). And ended with telling her I am going to Spain, on a Princess transition cruise. That was the last I heard from them.
Hi Mary - I'm a big Disney fan and have cruised on all four ships (the Magic is my least favorite and I was in a royal suite on that ship). I have had experience with inappropriate interaction with cast members and I would make one more attempt, if I were you. Write to the next executive up on the chain of contact (or even just go to the top, if there will be no more contacts after this) and emphasize that it's not the lap dance request that is the issue here. You were forced to repeatedly deny the request, because the assistant refused to respect your initial and subsequent refusals of his request for a lap dance. Then, despite repeated refusals, the assistant grabbed you physically and forced you to the stage and asked you again for the lap dance. You were then obliged to make the denial publicly in front of all of the guests involved in the activity. Don't focus on the fact that it was a lap dance and that activity is offensive to you. That's not really the point, here. In fact, the activity in question is irrelevant. The point is that a guest declined to participate and the cast members involved tried to force the guest's participation, to the point of physically dragging them to the activity site. That should never happen. You deserve an actual apology, not "sorry you felt that way." It's not easy for the cruise line to compensate you once you're off the ship, but you could consider a discount on a future cruise (those aren't usually restricted to a particular ship) or, if it hasn't been too long since your cruise, you could ask for photos (I'm not sure how long those are kept after a cruise) or some other souvenir from the cruise. If all you really want is assurance that your concern will be addressed, ask them to have the Cruise Director contact you and for a written apology from the cast members involved in the incident. At the very least, you'll know the cast members were spoken to, if they have to write an apology.

Feb 17, 2018
Hi Mary - I'm a big Disney fan and have cruised on all four ships (the Magic is my least favorite and I was in a royal suite on that ship). I have had experience with inappropriate interaction with cast members and I would make one more attempt, if I were you. Write to the next executive up on the chain of contact (or even just go to the top, if there will be no more contacts after this) and emphasize that it's not the lap dance request that is the issue here. You were forced to repeatedly deny the request, because the assistant refused to respect your initial and subsequent refusals of his request for a lap dance. Then, despite repeated refusals, the assistant grabbed you physically and forced you to the stage and asked you again for the lap dance. You were then obliged to make the denial publicly in front of all of the guests involved in the activity. Don't focus on the fact that it was a lap dance and that activity is offensive to you. That's not really the point, here. In fact, the activity in question is irrelevant. The point is that a guest declined to participate and the cast members involved tried to force the guest's participation, to the point of physically dragging them to the activity site. That should never happen. You deserve an actual apology, not "sorry you felt that way." It's not easy for the cruise line to compensate you once you're off the ship, but you could consider a discount on a future cruise (those aren't usually restricted to a particular ship) or, if it hasn't been too long since your cruise, you could ask for photos (I'm not sure how long those are kept after a cruise) or some other souvenir from the cruise. If all you really want is assurance that your concern will be addressed, ask them to have the Cruise Director contact you and for a written apology from the cast members involved in the incident. At the very least, you'll know the cast members were spoken to, if they have to write an apology.
Thank you for this advice. I really am over and finished with this incident. I did write to Bob Iger, but did not receive a response from him. I want to get on with my life and enjoy it. I am happy that I caused a big enough fuss over this and it did not wind up buried. I have been on all 4 ships and I agree that Magic, which was one of my favorites has slipped to last place. Not because of this happening but after the refurbish, it was not the same anymore. I have not been on the Wonder in a long time. The Fantasy and Dream are alike. It is the crew that makes or breaks the cruise and there were a few that were excellent on the Magic. I did not want another woman to go through this.
I will be on the Princess, heading for Spain in a few weeks and what is in the past is long gone.