Disney Cruise Line Magic

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 30, 2015
North Laurasia
The person who grabbed you and dragged you onstage should be arrested for assault. No one is allowed to touch another person when that person says "No". It sounds as if Darrell and whoever else was using you to make fun of you. Darell, too, should be arrested for touching you. He tried to embarrass you into doind something you said very clearly NO to.
If nothing else, Ms Walters, you have passed on information to the rest of us that Disney Cruise Lines is not one you want ever to be on. Word of mouth is far more powerful than a complaint.

Feb 3, 2017
This whole situation was really distasteful but I'm also struck by the comment that he actually rather grabbed her hand or arm and "ran" her to the stage. Besides the what should be obvious "no" means "no" - touching a passenger in this way is out of line. Appalling.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I hope that the executive that Mary wrote to responds. Mary, if he doesn’t reply in a week- write to the next one and continue up the chain until you get a response.

I think if you use the words you felt sexually harassed it WILL get the attention you should get.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
This is absolutely appalling. If Disney understands what happened and has not abjectly apologized to you ... an apology from upper management, not some customer relations person ... I would write up the story and post it on Cruise Critic. Disney cannot condone behavior like this and if they don't 'get it' then you need to take further action. I think you are absolutely right, you are obviously "much younger than your years" and the entertainers thought they could make a fool of you just to make everyone laugh. Disgusting!

I can also see your point about "what you want". What can possibly make up for this spectacular gaffe? A refund, a future discount? I don't think so. You want to know that these goons have been punished for insulting a guest ... over and over and over. I'd have no problem posting this on Cruise Critic in a clear recital of events, no emotion, blame or negative comments ... just a clear explanation of what happened.

Feb 17, 2018
Just a note, I am not a prude and I have seen risque entertainment. This situation was above board. Somehow I can picture my grandchildren watching this on the internet. Cell phones abound.

Jan 6, 2015
For clarification, Mary , you said earlier "I do not care about people say it was nothing. No harm was done." and now "I am not a prude". I cannot find either in the emails you received or in any of the posts here by others.

In fact all of the comments here have been staunchly supportive of your objection to the behavior you experienced. You have a chorus of support here, with every hope for a more-than-satisfactory resolution to this.

Please update this thread with your progress ...

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018
Email from Disney Cruise Line (No subject)
DL
Disney Cruise Line <dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com>
Reply |
Today, 12:57 PM
You
Dear Mary,
Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your comments.
Please be advised that your correspondence is being handled by our Risk Management Department. You may expect to hear from them directly about your inquiry. Should you have any questions, you may contact our Risk Management Department at 407-566-7539.
Thank you again for contacting us.
Sincerely,
Executive Guest Correspondence
Disney Cruise Line

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Risk management? Thats odd. I can't wait to hear what they have to say. If you don't hear anything within a week - move to the next executive on our list.

But this seems to be positive - you aren't getting the standard smooth it over line. I hope they are taking this seriously.

John Galbraith

Staff Member
Director
Jan 22, 2017
Poole
I did some quick reading and it seems the involvement of Risk Management means they are taking this very seriously.
These are the folks who investigate safety issues and also claims of inappropriate conduct/criminal behavior.
Agreed re taking it very seriously. The risk management department covers financial risk and brand risk and therefore will be looking at the case very carefully.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Email from Disney Cruise Line (No subject)
DL
Disney Cruise Line <dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com>
Reply |
Today, 12:57 PM
You
Dear Mary,
Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your comments.
Please be advised that your correspondence is being handled by our Risk Management Department. You may expect to hear from them directly about your inquiry. Should you have any questions, you may contact our Risk Management Department at 407-566-7539.
Thank you again for contacting us.
Sincerely,
Executive Guest Correspondence
Disney Cruise Line
BINGO, Mary! They are (rightfully) very concerned about this truly over-the-top behaviour of their entertainers. The last thing a cruise line wants is for potential cruisers to read this kind of story and book with another line. I'll be awaiting their next communication. Well done.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
BINGO, Mary! They are (rightfully) very concerned about this truly over-the-top behaviour of their entertainers. The last thing a cruise line wants is for potential cruisers to read this kind of story and book with another line. I'll be awaiting their next communication. Well done.
I think its more like they don't want to be sued for assault or sexual harrassment.

Feb 17, 2018
Yes a woman phone me. I apologize for taking so long to reply to this post. As I spoke to risk management, I took notes. They apologized and were sorry I felt that way. They regret that it happened. It depends on ones sense of humor and not everyone takes things the same way. There is a fine line.
Ok, so now I decide to educate her. I asked if she knows what a lap dance is and if not, she should go to YouTube and find out. I also told her I was not what she perceived to be. I traveled to Hawaii alone. I am now very interested in DNA and want to find out more. This past July I took 2 teen aged grandsons to Disneyland. (Found out that is not an easy task). And ended with telling her I am going to Spain, on a Princess transition cruise. That was the last I heard from them.

Feb 17, 2018
One thing does stay on my mind and perhaps I have figured it out. When the person on the other side of the room gave a lap dance, the rest of us were on the floor doing a challenge. I did not see it, but was told it happened.
Now why, for me, everyone stayed seated and this was strange, When the assistant put the chair down, it was facing right, not center, and a bit further back on the stage. And the lights were dimmed.
Only conclusion I can come to is that it was going to be filmed. A hit on YouTube. There is money for a large audience hitting that site.
Darrell was a bit angry.

Feb 17, 2018
I gave serious thought about hiring a lawyer. Threw that Idea out. Disney is powerful. They could keep me going to court forever. My daughter is my only witness, and they could say she will say anything for her mother. I do not see how I could summon the rest of the people in the room. They could ruin me financially and stress me out terribly.
I have now made up my mind that I am not going to be concerned with this and worry about it any more. I now have peace of mind and I know kept my self respect.

I want to thank everyone at this site for helping me to see this through. You have done more for emotionally than you can imagine. It seems I cannot thank you enough.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
@escline121 thank you for coming back to update us. I'm sorry you didn't have a positive experience with the Disney rep. Glad that you've decided to let it go. You've told them your concerns and what they choose to do with that is hopefully update their staff that no, means no. Good luck in the future.