Disappointed in JustFly.com

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 4, 2018
I am incredibly frustrated and disappointed in JustFly.

I have a booking which I made through Just Fly, and have nothing but trouble since then. I have spent at least eight hours on the phone over multiple calls, and am still waiting for final resolution. I am flying from AVL to CLT to Bos to BHB on June 14, and back the same way on the 19th. The issue started when PenAir from Boston cancelled all flights beginning June 1. Of course, since I made the reservations through Just Fly, neither American or PenAir could help me. Finally, through pleading with American and then Just Fly, I am rebooked on the Bos to BHB portion on Cape Air. The problem is that I am trying to have Just Fly change my returning American Airline flights, as they now have me waiting for over seven hours at Logan, and then several hours in Charlotte. I have a very painful back condition, and the thought of spending needless long hours in multiple airports is very concerning. There are two American flights earlier in the day which would be reasonable connections and shorten my travel day by half, but Just Fly says they keep encountering difficulties in making contact with American. I am at my wits end, and all they tell me to do is wait. This experience will make me reconsider any future dealings with them. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

My Just Fly itinerary number is XXXXXX.
Note- post edited by moderator to remove itinerary number.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Are they booking you on separate tickets? Do you different reservation numbers for each leg of these flights?

Their answer that they can’t make contact with American is ridiculous. We have company contacts on our Company Contacts Page for JustFly. You need to escalate this to an executive. Read information on the Customer Contact front page on how to escalate. Follow that and let us know what happens.

We have a lot of complaints about JustFly. Book direct in the future. These are the problems that happen when you use a third party.

Sep 19, 2015
Penair seems to have stopped flying in the NE somewhat abruptly according to reports. But justfly has a lot of negative reviews for a reason. If something goes wrong they are not very helpful. They should be able to contact AA .

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
That’s the problem with these small regional airline- they do this frequently when a route isn’t profitable. I honestly would book all my flights on a major airline and not these small regional airlines. I hope that JustFly hasnt booked these as separate flights which mucks it up just like it is. Cape Air IS a partner airline with AA so our writer needs to make sure he has one PNR for the tickets.

If the entire trip has been booked on AA’s website using partner airlines, then AA would be responsible for getting the passenger home if they missed their connection due to the airline.

Jul 27, 2016
That’s the problem with these small regional airline- they do this frequently when a route isn’t profitable. I honestly would book all my flights on a major airline and not these small regional airlines.
If you're flying into BHB, your options are limited. It ain't exactly Heathrow. Penair was supposed to offer BOB-BHB service through the end of June, at which point Silver Airways will pick up the route through the end of the summer, but Penair bailed a month early (citing a shortage of mechanics and pilots).

Looks like Cape Air is pretty much sold out on BOS-BHB in June at this point, probably because they're taking up the slack from Penair.

Cape Air IS a partner airline with AA so our writer needs to make sure he has one PNR for the tickets.
AA's partnership with Cape Air is only for a few small markets in the Midwest. BHB doesn't even come up as a valid destination on aa.com or on their route map. You can't book flights to/from BHB on aa.com.

Not saying that JustFly has covered themselves with glory here by any means (their customer service does seem to be consistently bad), but this is an itinerary (from a small airport to a small airport) that requires two entirely separate carriers.

Jun 4, 2018
Well, today Justfly notified me that this was too difficult a situation for them to resolve, and they went ahead and cancelled my entire trip! They will kindly refund my money in 6 - 8 weeks, though they were happy to take it in about five minutes. Then, I only got an email confirming a refund for the outbound portion of the trip and not the return. Again, another call, where I was assured that they will refund both portions of the trip. The biggest problem is that to rebook the exact same flight is now over double what it was originally. I will just fly to Bangor and rent a car. I recommend that people think long and hard before using Justfly.com!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Well, today Justfly notified me that this was too difficult a situation for them to resolve, and they went ahead and cancelled my entire trip! They will kindly refund my money in 6 - 8 weeks, though they were happy to take it in about five minutes. Then, I only got an email confirming a refund for the outbound portion of the trip and not the return. Again, another call, where I was assured that they will refund both portions of the trip. The biggest problem is that to rebook the exact same flight is now over double what it was originally. I will just fly to Bangor and rent a car. I recommend that people think long and hard before using Justfly.com!
You are preaching to the choir. We advise everyone to book direct.