Directv

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 8, 2016
I have been a Directv customer for over 20 years and now I have run into a brick wall. I live in Northern Idaho, 70 miles from Spokane, WA. There are now two network stations in Spokane that are blacked out to Directv customers. One is the local Fox station and the other is the local NBC station. From what I can gather is that it sounds like a standoff.. I have tried to reach Directv, but the only people you can talk to, or chat with, are in the Philippines. They have not been helpful and just read a script.

I subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket so I do not really want to drop Directv. Yes, I can get an HD antenna, but we live in the mountains so I don't hold out much hope.

What I am asking for are contacts to the upper echelon at Directv. They are now owned by AT&T so I maybe I should contact them as well. There is my problem, no way to find out who these folks are and how to contact them.

Thanks.

Feb 12, 2019
If they're blocked due to a contract dispute, there's nothing they can do to get you the channels until it's sorted. I'm on the east coast and use directv now and CBS was blocked for a spell earlier this summer - probably a few weeks but I'm honestly not sure when it came back.

Until they resolve the contract if you want to watch those channels you'll need an antenna or you could see if those stations stream for free online. You could write them to let them know your displeasure though.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
And you should. It amazes me that these kind of contract disputes can go on this long. Usually it is a quick renegotiation once the channels are lost. But you aren't getting what you are paying for if they aren't giving you a partial refund for the channel on your monthly bill.

Oct 8, 2016
The only compensation I received from Directv was $26.66 so far. That was after I spoke with those nice people in the Philippines. I pay a lot for this every month so I will say all that when I write. The blame lies on both sides and I will call the stations again. The NBC station is locally owned, but the Fox station is owned by a gentleman in upstate New York. I will write him too. I guess I will be busy the next few days!!
You guys are the best. It's great to have such great support as a consumer. I have given your contacts to other people in other areas, that needed help..
Thanks again.

Jan 6, 2015
I pay a lot for this every month so I will say all that when I write. The blame lies on both sides and I will call the stations again. The NBC station is locally owned, but the Fox station is owned by a gentleman in upstate New York. I will write him too.
This is understandable, but I wonder if it might be more effective for you to request a large, one time credit (not TOO large) from the AT&T executives.

You could also state"While I do not wish to make a change, the local FOX and NBC stations are critical in my somewhat isolated area for news and weather updates. It also impacts a sports package, but that is secondary.

Oct 8, 2016
Thanks for your post. I just wanted to tell everybody what I did to rectify and/or get around this mess. By the way, this blackout continues to this moment. On the local Fox (28) channel there were many comment. Among them was a suggestion to write the FCC, which I did. Within days I received a call from Debra at the office of the President of AT&T. She seemed to understand my frustration, but said there is not much they can do.(Idon't believe that for a minute). At this point I told her that I felt that both parties were not bargaining in good faith. I also said that since the contract with the NFL was going to terminate next year, that once that happened people would leave in droves. The NFL is looking for others to carry NFL Sunday Ticket (such as Fox). Debra also gave me a one time "courtesy credit" and a continuing credit for 12 months. I will believe it when I see it.
To end this long story, I have now subscribed to Hulu and can watch whatever I want!!!!!!! For the time being my credit with Directv should pay for my monthly Hulu. Hope this helps.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Thanks for your post. I just wanted to tell everybody what I did to rectify and/or get around this mess. By the way, this blackout continues to this moment. On the local Fox (28) channel there were many comment. Among them was a suggestion to write the FCC, which I did. Within days I received a call from Debra at the office of the President of AT&T. She seemed to understand my frustration, but said there is not much they can do.(Idon't believe that for a minute). At this point I told her that I felt that both parties were not bargaining in good faith. I also said that since the contract with the NFL was going to terminate next year, that once that happened people would leave in droves. The NFL is looking for others to carry NFL Sunday Ticket (such as Fox). Debra also gave me a one time "courtesy credit" and a continuing credit for 12 months. I will believe it when I see it.
To end this long story, I have now subscribed to Hulu and can watch whatever I want!!!!!!! For the time being my credit with Directv should pay for my monthly Hulu. Hope this helps.
Yup, this is how ATT solves their customer complaints. I too have had a call from the "Office of the President" after I filed a complaint with the Public Utilities Commission about my home telephone service. This kind of foolishness surely proves that ATT has other priorities than solving their customers' problems. How many assistants can one President have? I am now very happy with my internet-based phone which costs 1/7 of what I paid ATT for years. I was lucky that my guy from the ATTPresident's office was very frank and we had a nice discussion about phone service in my area. He informed me that ATT would never be repairing our lines, they'd just wait until new technology was available. He had no estimate on how many years that might be. My queries about emergency service availability were unanswered. In other words, if my house was on fire, I should drive down the hill and find the Fire Department myself, since my phone didn't work and there was no cell service. The ATT President should ask one of the assistants to do a study on how much money is going to pay all those assistants around the country who tell the customers fairy tales ... it might be enough to actually fix things.