Direct TV Internet Phone Package (S)

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 29, 2015
I spoke to a rep today, he offered me a deal which included tv, internet,phone, I asked him to email me a break down of all costs. He said he could only do that for the internet and phone, but not the direct tv package until I paid up front fees. I said you mean I have to pay you first for the tv service then you tell me in writing what I bought? He said it was direct tv policy. Also he did not mention anything about verizon wire less he just said I had to buy a phone. I couldn't understand why. He hid that completly. I just saw that part on line. If that is the case I will stay with the Dish service I have now. His offer was $169.00 a month for the whole package which would be a substancial savings for me but all the hidden things in the package I wont do it.
It seems like all the providers are doing the same bs to suck you in, then rip you off.​

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
And? Is there something you'd like to do or are you just venting? If you are venting, I hear ya! It seems these cable operators have a monopoly on us and try to do what they can to get your business even if it means lying through their teeth.

I also would never sign up with Direct TV if they can't give me a price for everything. I know in my area, both Verizon and Cablevision can and do. Not sure if you have any other options but the devil you know is better than the one you don't.

R

Realitoes

What exactly is hidden? If you pay $169.00 a month for the bundle, what breakdown do you need? Regular phone service (wired or internet) doesn't normally come with a phone. You just go buy a digital phone at Amazon or Walmart. I think you are mixing up Verizon Internet service with Verizon wireless (cellular).

Keep in mind that DirectTV bundle price is normally only good for 1 year, then you normally have to pay the regular price for each service.

The gotcha is

"ALL DIRECTV OFFERS REQUIRE 24-MONTH AGREEMENT AND ENROLLMENT IN AUTO BILL PAY"

**24-MONTH AGREEMENT: EARLY CANCELLATION WILL RESULT IN A FEE OF $20/MONTH FOR EACH REMAINING MONTH. Must maintain 24 consecutive months of any DIRECTV base programming package ($29.99/mo. or above) or any qualifying international service bundle. Advanced Receiver fee ($15/mo.) required for all HD DVRs. TiVo service fee ($5/mo.) required for TiVo HD DVR from DIRECTV lease. There is a fee of $6.50/mo. for each receiver and/or Genie Mini/DIRECTV Ready TV/Device on your account. NON-ACTIVATION CHARGE OF $150 PER RECEIVER MAY APPLY. ALL EQUIPMENT (EXCLUDING GENIEGO DEVICE) IS LEASED AND MUST BE RETURNED TO DIRECTV UPON CANCELLATION, OR UNRETURNED EQUIPMENT FEES APPLY. VISIT directv.com/legal OR CALL 1-800-DIRECTV FOR DETAILS.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
That's fine if you aren't adding anything extra, like extra receivers. If they can't tell you exactly how much more would be incurred with any extras before you sign up, such as xx.xx per receiver or xx.xx for recorders, I wouldn't sign up either.

Fios was able to tell me to the penny my entire monthly costs with the receivers and boxes we needed including tax before we signed up with them. I can't imagine why Direct TV can't do the same.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I canceled the order,since the guy I spoke to would not email
me the break down of all the costs. He said it was company policy.
Good for you, Richy. Their attitude is quite ridiculous ... no wonder so many customers are unhappy if you can't even get a description of what you're buying. Dish is the only game in town where I live, and I signed up for one price, first bill was more. They told me that I misunderstood the information on their website. Uh-huh. Nothing I could do except cancel the service and it was too late for the sports-freak at my house, he loves all the games.