Delta really good people

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2017
As these forums have noted--sometimes its a challenge dealing with some airlines. But I did want to mention that I was supposed to fly internationally last week on Delta--but 2 days before the flight I had a serious accident and was about as serious of an accident as they come, was in the hospital and not allowed to fly or drive (really not leaving the house).

Delta was quite gracious to work with--called them--and just sent them a note from the hospital and they waived the fees and refunded the non-refundable ticket. They could have given me a voucher (but as of this time--dont know when medically I will able to fly) etc but really they took care of me and my wife. Note that I did purchase the ticket directly from delta and I strongly recommend people purchase tickets from the carrier directly.

Overall, Delta was great and its always important to say when airlines are great.

Nothing needed from the general forum people--this is just for your general information.

Aug 30, 2015
Isn't that nice, how Delta responded, sorry about your accident, hope you have a full recovery. I have refused to fly them for the past 23 years, maybe they are getting better now.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You were lucky - it sounds like you found a sympathetic agent (in a good mood) that broke the rules for you and I hope that your health greatly improves with one less thing to worry about.

But this doesn’t happen often and buying travel insurance would have covered you.

Apr 6, 2017
I had travel insurance--and everyone should buy that also. and this is a classic reason why--for unexpected things that happen...

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Just make sure you use the credit - remember it’s good for a year from the date you bought the ticket,not from the day you were supposed to fly.

If the credit times out, you can’t file an insurance claim. If it were me, I would have filed the insurance claim and taken the cash instead of a credit with an expiration date. But that’s just me.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
As these forums have noted--sometimes its a challenge dealing with some airlines. But I did want to mention that I was supposed to fly internationally last week on Delta--but 2 days before the flight I had a serious accident and was about as serious of an accident as they come, was in the hospital and not allowed to fly or drive (really not leaving the house).

Delta was quite gracious to work with--called them--and just sent them a note from the hospital and they waived the fees and refunded the non-refundable ticket. They could have given me a voucher (but as of this time--dont know when medically I will able to fly) etc but really they took care of me and my wife. Note that I did purchase the ticket directly from delta and I strongly recommend people purchase tickets from the carrier directly.

Overall, Delta was great and its always important to say when airlines are great.

Nothing needed from the general forum people--this is just for your general information.
What an awful story with a little goodness thrown in. I hope you are getting better every day, Steve. I've heard that Delta has the best customer service ... but your story is right out of the park. Thanks so much for letting us know, and take good care of yourself.

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
I find Delta to be very easy to deal with most of the time, although that may be because of how much I have been flying with them in recent years!

Feb 2, 2019
I also had a good experience with Delta. I had a reservation using a companion certificate and needed to cancel due to illness. They refunded the ticket and reinstated the certificate. Terrific customer service!!

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
I fly to Houston every few months to visit MD Anderson and Delta will waive any fees if I need to change my travel dates due to medical appointments.

Status
Not open for further replies.