Delta Auto Protect

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 5, 2019
Delta Auto Protect , I have spent DAYS on hold .. Have been waiting for authorization for my car to be repaired since 3/28. ON 4/2 sent an inspector , they also received proof of every oil change to speed process up. It is now . 4/5 and they still claim to be waiting for inspector report, This does not take 4 days. I am on hold for David Wright for the past 30 minutes.

What's your desired resolution? approval to fix car asap

What's the value of your claim (in US $)? 7000

Date of transaction/travel date:

Apr 5, 2019
I cannot afford to lay out the $7000 for repair . They say the inspection company they use who they cannot name has not sent the inspection report. Do I just got get an attorney at this point?

Michelle Couch-Friedman

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Sep 19, 2015
We have quite a few cases involving Delta Auto-Protect currently in mediation (or recently resolved). Additionally, we have also been contacted by mechanics who have completed work and are awaiting payment by the company. My experience is that Delta does eventually pay all the bills, but it takes persistent inquiries and many weeks (and often months).

If you wish to escalate your complaint, you can contact the Attorney General in Pennsylvania (Delta Auto-Protect is based in PA) to report your experience https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/public-protection-division/bureau-consumer-protection/. But you may want to let Delta know you are considering doing that before you do so -- that may nudge the (lengthy)process along.

(Ps. I sent a request over to our contact at DAP and asked that they please review your situation and get back to you as soon as possible.)

Sep 10, 2019
Greetings, all -- I am spanking new to Elliott Advocacy...and am writing here to explore approaches to getting Delta Auto Protect to honor a claim...I have read prior comments and also have contacted by email David Wright who is listed as a key contact for Customer Relations/support.

Without yet going into all the details...upon Delta's advice of a CS rep named Jay (with decent CS manners) after explaining the issue with the shift lever that was inoperative all of a sudden, I had my VW 2012 towed to a location 50 miles from me, ...and then was asked for paperwork on my prior repairs...which were now in the car 50 miles away...

Got the mechanic to forward the same to Delta..and got a response that the claim was denied through the mechanic...with no outreach to me....The mechanic specializing in Euro cars was puzzled as to why. I reached out to CS...spoke with a certain Nicole who was a little testy and uninformed (questionable grammar, as well) and she attempted to explain why the denial...but herself required 12 minutes by the clock to figure it out herself.

The whole process felt wonky-- with considerable wait times -- approximately 15-18 minutes -- which would be tolerable if the ultimate response was customer-centric. It was not.

What is the best approach to press on them? I can be persuasive by phone if i get to the right level of person...but how to get there?

Also, how does Elliot Advocacy get compensated for your efforts?...How can I employ to assist me?
Just learning the ropes here....Thanking in advance, -- William Sebrans

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Delta is in the business like many "insurance" or "warranty" companies of collecting premiums and delaying as long as possible or not paying as many claims as possible. As you can see by the earlier posts in this thread, this has been an ongoing practice of Delta and you need to go through the entire process as noted in post #3. If (when this fails) you can then come back and submit a request for further help from the staff (post #8).

You should review: https://www.elliott.org/problem-solved/delta-auto-protect-car-warranty-refund/
https://www.elliott.org/answers/how-to-fix-your-own-consumer-problem/
https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Greetings, all -- I am spanking new to Elliott Advocacy...and am writing here to explore approaches to getting Delta Auto Protect to honor a claim...I have read prior comments and also have contacted by email David Wright who is listed as a key contact for Customer Relations/support.

Without yet going into all the details...upon Delta's advice of a CS rep named Jay (with decent CS manners) after explaining the issue with the shift lever that was inoperative all of a sudden, I had my VW 2012 towed to a location 50 miles from me, ...and then was asked for paperwork on my prior repairs...which were now in the car 50 miles away...

Got the mechanic to forward the same to Delta..and got a response that the claim was denied through the mechanic...with no outreach to me....The mechanic specializing in Euro cars was puzzled as to why. I reached out to CS...spoke with a certain Nicole who was a little testy and uninformed (questionable grammar, as well) and she attempted to explain why the denial...but herself required 12 minutes by the clock to figure it out herself.

The whole process felt wonky-- with considerable wait times -- approximately 15-18 minutes -- which would be tolerable if the ultimate response was customer-centric. It was not.

What is the best approach to press on them? I can be persuasive by phone if i get to the right level of person...but how to get there?

Also, how does Elliot Advocacy get compensated for your efforts?...How can I employ to assist me?
Just learning the ropes here....Thanking in advance, -- William Sebrans
Please see post #8.

This is a non profit site and all folks here are volunteers so you can’t pay us to take your case.

We give you the tools to advocate for yourself by posting email addresses and this post on how to self advocate. If you do this process and get nowhere, if the advocates think they can help they would take your case.

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

But at least for this company, when we recommend going to your State Attorney General it often means that our pleas aren’t getting results.

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
We have received close to 50 recent cases concerning this company. At first, they were responding, but I think due to the volume they have now stopped.

At this time, we recommend that you contact the Attorney General in your state and also the AG of Pennsylvania where DAP is headquartered. We have heard back from many consumers who confirm that this action seems to nudge the company to respond.

Sep 10, 2019
Please see post #8.

This is a non profit site and all folks here are volunteers so you can’t pay us to take your case.

We give you the tools to advocate for yourself by posting email addresses and this post on how to self advocate. If you do this process and get nowhere, if the advocates think they can help they would take your case.

But at least for this company, when we recommend going to your State Attorney General it often means that our pleas aren’t getting results.
Thanks for your prompt reply, Neil...

I did find the
We have received close to 50 recent cases concerning this company. At first, they were responding, but I think due to the volume they have now stopped.

At this time, we recommend that you contact the Attorney General in your state and also the AG of Pennsylvania where DAP is headquartered. We have heard back from many consumers who confirm that this action seems to nudge the company to respond.

Sep 10, 2019
Thanks for your prompt reply, Neil...

I did find the
Thanks, Dwayne, et. al for these speedy replies...Will move forward with your rec...though wonder if you have any advice on my conversation with a Delta rep today -- who says he will reach out to the mechanic and see if Delta can make a "goodwill" contribution to the cause...I think he will do that...and also, I politely put in writing that a "goodwill" contribution would be full payment of the claim, with reference to the option of contacting the AG office.
We'll see where that goes...Any thoughts about settling the $1500 job for 50%...and then, upon receiving that, requesting a cancellation of my contract?