Delta Air Lines Help

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 18, 2017
The aeronautical wheels of justice grind slowly...but they grind!
I heard back from Air France. Sadly, they offered us low value Air France vouchers which expire in one year making them unusable to me. Air France did not address our other major concerns, including the damage to my transport chair, the loss of contents of one suitcase, and the cancelled European segment of our flight. Meanwhile, Delta posted some miles to my Skymiles account along with a $150.00 credit to make up for no food, but not to my husband and notified neither of us.

On my way home to respond to Air France I received a call from Delta's Natalie Simon. See her email summary of our conversation below:

Hello Mrs. Pepkowitz Gilstrop,

RE: Case Number XXXXXXX

Thank you for taking my call today.

I would greatly appreciate if you could forward the Air France voucher numbers in response to this email to allow me to reach out to the Air France team since it appears you may not have to ability to use them within their validity. I have also issued a $150.00 voucher for your husband as one had been issued for you and he was omitted.

Also, as I mentioned during our conversation, your travel falls under the guidelines of European Union Regulation (EC) 261/2004 defining an airline's requirements when flight changes occur. KLM Flight 1244 on April 9 from Paris to Amsterdam was canceled due to operational reason. After reviewing this claim, compensation is due in accordance with the EU recommendations. I’ll request a check in the amount of $214.13 USD equivalent to EUR 200.00. Please allow enough time for processing and postal delivery, up to 30 days.

Lastly, I have forwarded your notes to our baggage team and they will contact you directly in regards to the baggage and rollator. For any additional assistance, you may contact them directly as follow.

Delta Air Lines
Baggage Service Recovery
PO Box 20598, Department 989
Atlanta GA 30320-2598
Phone: 800-325-8224
Fax: 404-714-9122

I will keep in touch regarding the goodwill gesture from our Air France team. Thank you for choosing Delta.

Regards,

Natalie Simon

Ms. Simon was well spoke and a good listener. She appeared to be able to 'think outside the box' and was interested in making things right. The amount Air France offered in vouchers was quite low. I want to request a reasonable increase per/person in the form of Delta Gift Cards because gift cards do not have an expiration date.

Any further suggestions from the panel of Forum Experts?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Christopher Elliot and staff,
I have tried my best to solve this problem on my own, but at this point I really need your help. We are now five months away from our original requests for rectification from Delta-Air France-KLM. Ms. Natalie Simon from DELTA indicated to me both verbally on the telephone and by email (posted above) that she would look into changing the vouchers issued by Air France to Delta gift cards we can use. Also the Delta check she sent me is unusable due to wrong name on the check. Please help me.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Dear Christopher Elliot and staff,
I have tried my best to solve this problem on my own, but at this point I really need your help. We are now five months away from our original requests for rectification from Delta-Air France-KLM. Ms. Natalie Simon from DELTA indicated to me both verbally on the telephone and by email (posted above) that she would look into changing the vouchers issued by Air France to Delta gift cards we can use. Also the Delta check she sent me is unusable due to wrong name on the check. Please help me.
Did you tell them that the name is wrong on the check? Have you written to each executive, one at a time, each week?