Data Entry Process Flaw with flightnetwork.com

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 17, 2019
I bought 3 tickets for myself and my 2 boys. All the tickets came up with my first name. For the boys their tickets is my First name, their middle name and our last name.
Unfortunately we caught it few hours before our international flight. Since we opted out of the insurance, Flight Network team said that the tickets are no longer valid because it is our fault for entering those names.
We went back to their website and try to book tickets just to understand what happened.
So, I entered my full name first. Then when entering the first name of the first boy, the system suggested to auto fill with my first name, I declined, then I entered his first name, his middle name. When I started to fill his last name, the auto fill came up with our last name highlighted and I chose the last name. As it turned out, when I auto filled the last name, it also his first name with my first name. I repeated the same process with the second boy.
There is a huge flaw in their data entry process. I feel cheated here and I wonder if anyone has any suggestions on how to proceed.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Auto fill is caused by your browser, not FlightNetwork or any other website . You can disable auto fill on your browser. Go online and do a search “how to disable auto fill on xxxx” (whatever browser you use). It has nothing to do with FlightNetwork.

Always double and triple check a ticket and check the email confirmation. Always. You have to overwrite and I’ve had to overwrite several times on one ticket and that’s how I learned about disabling auto fill. Once you hit that “buy” button, the tickets are yours. In the US you had 24 hours to to correct these at no charge.

Sorry this happened.

Jul 17, 2019
Auto fill is caused by your browser, not FlightNetwork or any other website . You can disable auto fill on your browser. Go online and do a search “how to disable auto fill on xxxx” (whatever browser you use). It has nothing to do with FlightNetwork.

Always double and triple check a ticket and check the email confirmation. Always. You have to overwrite and I’ve had to overwrite several times on one ticket and that’s how I learned about disabling auto fill. Once you hit that “buy” button, the tickets are yours. In the US you had 24 hours to to correct these at no charge.

Sorry this happened.
Thank you for your feedback!

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Were you logged in to an account on flightnetwork.com? If so, you likely could have had all passengers entered separately to avoid this problem. As Neil said, the autofill is from your computer browser, not from the website. If you were not logged into an account the website would not know who you were until you entered the data.

Any time you make a reservation online, by phone or in person, you need to review the names and other demographics on each ticket immediately before and after making the purchase. If you waited until a "few hours before our international flight" your tickets with the incorrect names will be invalid and your only option would be to purchase new tickets at the walk-up price. If you had realized the error even a day prior to your flight, you might have been able to fix the name issue, although it would have been an expensive fix.

May 1, 2018
I bought 3 tickets for myself and my 2 boys. All the tickets came up with my first name. For the boys their tickets is my First name, their middle name and our last name.
Unfortunately we caught it few hours before our international flight. Since we opted out of the insurance, Flight Network team said that the tickets are no longer valid because it is our fault for entering those names.
We went back to their website and try to book tickets just to understand what happened.
So, I entered my full name first. Then when entering the first name of the first boy, the system suggested to auto fill with my first name, I declined, then I entered his first name, his middle name. When I started to fill his last name, the auto fill came up with our last name highlighted and I chose the last name. As it turned out, when I auto filled the last name, it also his first name with my first name. I repeated the same process with the second boy.
There is a huge flaw in their data entry process. I feel cheated here and I wonder if anyone has any suggestions on how to proceed.
This is a terribly unfortunate situation. However, it seems to me the auto-fill function you're describing belongs to your web browser and not the online booking service you mentioned. This same issue has come up multiple times on this forum and unfortunately, there's no recourse other to chalk it up to an expensive lesson.