Damaged Enterprise car filing damage claim with credit card CDW.Expecting problems with Independtly Owned /Operated Franchise

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 21, 2018
Initial rental contract shows the car1, (nissan note)A few hours later in the evening switched it out at airport location (saturday closes at 12pm ) didn't want to take a chance of something going wrong as it was making a loud ratteling sound driving on the freeway. Exchanged for a compact suv (toyota rav)car 2 was driven for the duration of the 28 days I was charged for. Damage was noted upon return . I don't own a car so have no auto insurance, declined their offer and am filing a CDW claim with my chase slate credit card.
Ever since I heard that this local Enterprise store is an independently owned and operated franchise, there's a noticeable change in the way it is managed, Owner doesnt have to participate in the corporate promos like the weekend specials. Daily, weekly Pricing higher than other stores. If you don't keep track of your loyalty points they will not show up in your account. Repeat customers are not given upgrades unless they pay extra for them. .So you're basically stuck with his store demographically unless you have a way to get another store.(or go with another company)

Now herein lies the problem: I have a receipt that shows car 1 vin and car 2 vin and the charges including a $500 Damage reimbursement/deductible charged to my card for $772 in repairs (called the body shop and got a verbal total) So I Go to the website to print a receipt for rental contract#xxxxx dated 11/10 to 12/8 states the right dates and amounts charged and the odometer start and end of only car 1.! Car 2 nor the odometer reading is there in the record! Could this be a cause for denying my claim for CDW benefits Will my receipt with both cars and no odometer readings be okay or did I shoot Myself in the foot by sending it already.Does it matter or can I ask them to edit/add the car #2 into their records on the website?The website has my drivers license information right except for my birthday and I have not had success getting this straight (out of my control)Is this also going to be a problem with my cdw benefit processing . Hope you can help. I'm glad that your there. Sorry for the rant.

Dec 19, 2014
Why was the claim declined (ie the specific reason cited)? Without knowing this information, it is impossible to know how to proceed without this information. You are speculating as to the reason. What did the denial letter say?

Which car is Enterprise claiming as damaged? car 1 or car 2?

When you returned the cars, did you have the cars inspected?

Do you have an itemized bill for the damage? What is the total bill of the damage? Is it $772? or is that just the repairs? Are you being billed anything else (ie loss of use)?

A couple of side notes
- You state that your rental was for 28 days. Be aware that credit card CDW benefits may not apply for long term rentals. Usually it is 30 days or longer, so you are covered, but pay very close attention to this in the future
- You state that you do not have auto insurance. What LIABILITY insurance do you have when you rent a car? The CDW will not cover liability. So what happens if you cause an accident that you are at fault? While it is true that Enterprise will carry liability insurance, it is often at bare minimum and may not protect you.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Having been through this process recently, you will need to get the actual final charge invoice from the car rental return. If the invoice does not match the vin# on the damaged car they need to correct this; otherwise, you will likely face a denial. You need to provide proof that you actually drove the car that was damaged and is being repaired. Otherwise, why would the CC pay for repairing a car they did not cover as a rental charge?
They may also require you to send the rental confirmation that you received when booking the rental. You will also need an itemized bill for all charges, including repairs. diminished value, loss of use and any other administrative charges. Your CC may not pay anything but the actual repair, leaving you with uncovered charges that may be $100-200 or more.

Dec 21, 2018
Why was the claim declined (ie the specific reason cited)? Without knowing this information, it is impossible to know how to proceed without this information. You are speculating as to the reason. What did the denial letter say?

Which car is Enterprise claiming as damaged? car 1 or car 2?

When you returned the cars, did you have the cars inspected?

Do you have an itemized bill for the damage? What is the total bill of the damage? Is it $772? or is that just the repairs? Are you being billed anything else (ie loss of use)?

A couple of side notes
- You state that your rental was for 28 days. Be aware that credit card CDW benefits may not apply for long term rentals. Usually it is 30 days or longer, so you are covered, but pay very close attention to this in the future
- You state that you do not have auto insurance. What LIABILITY insurance do you have when you rent a car? The CDW will not cover liability. So what happens if you cause an accident that you are at fault? While it is true that Enterprise will carry liability insurance, it is often at bare minimum and may not protect you.
CDW Benefits filed a day before this query.I guess I was expecting a denial since there was not both cars on receipt printed online, only car 1. Car 2 sustained damage that I filed claim. I dont think there will be more than the repairs though I have not received anything as yet. Having no real awareness of exactly what insurance I did have (or did not) has been a reality check(theres really no easy way to say this:rolleyes:I um...cleared throat... thought the a credit card handled it?) so after the inspection and paying the bill (Ashley Mgr) said," Angie all this time You HAVE NOT had insurance driving our cars? Im sorry unless you prove you have insurance I will not rent to you". I humiliatingly stand corrected.:oops:she also said "you are not on the DNR list". And YES... I DID SEE the 30 day limitation ...just another thing I learned from this that I have to feel grateful for.Thanks for pointing that out.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Don’t speculate on guessing there was or is a denial- we need facts only here to help you. Let us know what happens with the actual claim.

This might be a learning lesson to buy a car rentals insurance if you don’t own a car and have your own. You may have CDW with a car but you also need LDW.