Damage to Enterprise rental vehicle

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 28, 2019
Hello all,

I'm hoping you can help me with an issue I'm having with Enterprise/ELCO services.

I rented a car with Enterprise last week and was in an accident in CA: I ran over a medium at a traffic light that I somehow didn't see and ended up damaging the front tire. The police came and a report was filed. There wasn't any property damage or other vehicles involved. I contacted Enterprise Roadside assistance but because the car was blocking traffic, another tow truck arrived to take the vehicle. I believe it stayed at the tow company for the next few days (collecting fees) until Enterprise was able to have it towed to a repair center of theirs.

When I rented the car, I purchased the extra rental coverage (including damage waiver). I assumed this would be the last I would hear about it, but I received some calls from ELCO services today saying I needed to contact them ASAP to further elaborate on what happened. I tried calling the company back multiple times, but no one answered the phone. I also tried calling back the specific representative that contacted me, and he didn't answer any of my calls either.

I have full collision and comprehensive coverage with Geico. I initially assumed because I had the extra rental coverage with Enterprise, the damage would be covered and I wouldn't have to open a claim with them. Not sure what to do at this point: browsing these forums, the advice seems to be to NOT speak with anyone at ELCO and let my insurance company handle it. Should I call ELCO back, tell them what happened and see what they are asking me to pay? How should I proceed?

Thank you,
Michael

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I think you need to report the accident to your insurance company, tell them you had the other insurance and ask them hiw the handle.

I wouldn’t be worried about speaking to Enterprises insurance company- you need to know why they aren’t picking up the bill.