Customer service issues

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 19, 2019
I have a flight scheduled to leave the 23rd. I called three times to get my flight switched to the 25th because I have a memorial to go to on the 24th. EVERYTIME I have been told "we're going to put you on a brief hold while we switch the flight and get a cost for you" Everytime I wait on hold for at least 5 minutes, then I get hung up on and sent to the survey line. Now it’s getting close to the flight date AND it hasn’t been switched. This is ridiculous.

Sep 19, 2015
An office I consult with had terrible VoIP phone lines — constantly dropping people. It was incredibly annoying. I am sorry to say you need to call back.

Have you tried to change the flight online at aa.com?

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
Go online, log onto your trip and see what options are available when you pull up your itinerary and request to change. I am not sure you would get any better options or service via an agent anyway.

Oct 19, 2019
Have you tried the numbers we have show on our company contacts? The longer it goes on the more it’s going to cost to change besides the change fee.

Have you tried calling right back or asking for a supervisor?

I did try calling back, twice the first day, once the second time and once again the third time. I’m aware it’s going to cost me more which is what is more irritating.

Oct 19, 2019
Go online, log onto your trip and see what options are available when you pull up your itinerary and request to change. I am not sure you would get any better options or service via an agent anyway.
i tried that , I still had to call.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
When you go to "find your trip": https://www.aa.com/reservations/fin...ntinueUrl=/reservations/findReservationAccess
What happens?
If your ticket is basic economy you will not be able to change it or get any refund. You will need to start over and buy a new ticket from scratch.
If you have a regular economy ticket the change fee will probably be $200 plus any fare difference. You may wish to look at other discount airlines-it may be less expensive than trying to change your AA ticket (if allowed).

Dec 19, 2014
As others have already said, unless you have a flexible ticket, you may find that a) you cannot change your itinerary (Basic economy), or b) it is cost prohibitive to change your ticket due to change fees + fare difference.

Be aware that if the flight you are changing is the outbound leg of a round trip, you can't just ditch the outbound leg because they will CANCEL the return leg.