Crystal refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I tried a couple of months ago and they denied me assistance on the basis I described. Do you suggest I submit a new dispute?
Absolutely! Some credit card issuers are very protective of their customers, others not so much. But don't give up.

Reactions: VoR61
Jul 23, 2020
Our Crystal cruise scheduled for mid-April was cancelled mid-March. We had the same experience, except that we made our reservations directly with Crystal (in September 2019). I followed the Elliott "rules" and had a long, polite paper trail including screen shots of voicemail transcriptions and the voice files. My husband and I each used a different credit card for our deposits, both issued by the same company. Five months after the cruise was cancelled my husband tried to file a dispute but was denied because the charge was too far in the past. Then I disputed my charge. I explained that I'd tried to resolve the issue with the company but had not been successful. I happened to mention I had a long paper trail; the rep said that was great, I should treat the situation like a trial and submit all the evidence I had to back up my claim. I asked if she could take a look at my husband's denied dispute. She did, and we both got our refunds, thanks in large part to the Elliott team! And yes, I did make a donation.

BittyBoo

Jul 30, 2018
Our Crystal cruise scheduled for mid-April was cancelled mid-March. We had the same experience, except that we made our reservations directly with Crystal (in September 2019). I followed the Elliott "rules" and had a long, polite paper trail including screen shots of voicemail transcriptions and the voice files. My husband and I each used a different credit card for our deposits, both issued by the same company. Five months after the cruise was cancelled my husband tried to file a dispute but was denied because the charge was too far in the past. Then I disputed my charge. I explained that I'd tried to resolve the issue with the company but had not been successful. I happened to mention I had a long paper trail; the rep said that was great, I should treat the situation like a trial and submit all the evidence I had to back up my claim. I asked if she could take a look at my husband's denied dispute. She did, and we both got our refunds, thanks in large part to the Elliott team! And yes, I did make a donation.

Jumpy claps! That's great news! Thanks for sharing. Its so nice hearing positive news right now.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Thank you so much for writing, wisewise. People can get so "down" these days that fighting on and on seems futile. But it's not futile; polite, patient persistence often wins the day. Your post will help all kinds of people and we thank you.