Credit voucher policy - Rainforest Cruises

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 31, 2021
In June 2019, I booked a trip with an agency Rainforest Cruises for a boat trip in Brazil. I had to pay the balance on 18/4/20 even though we believed we wouldn't be able to travel due to Covid 19. We couldn't travel internationally due to Government rules. The company wouldn't refund the trip, and we had no option but to take a credit note. We later discovered that the actual boat trip was subsequently cancelled. The agency are insisting we must make a booking with the credit note by 30th March 2021 for travel up to July 31 2022, otherwise we lose the credit note of nearly $2000. International borders are still shut, Covid is still very uncertain, and no travel insurance is available if we book now and have to cancel again due to Government rules. We don't feel it is reasonable to have to book by March 2021 in light of all the ongoing uncertainty and we can't predict that international travel to South America will be ok even next year. I know nothing about USA consumer law, and would really appreciate advice about whether we can get a refund to replace the credit note, or whether we can insist on a more reasonable extension for a trip in 2023.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Like some many other travel bookings- if you canceled before they canceled the cruise, you aren’t due a refund.

Please read number five:

Did you buy travel insurance for the cruise? Most insurance companies are allowing you to move your insurance to a new sail date. This is important if the policy had coverage for supplier bankruptcy.

I hope travel will be back in 2022. If it were me- I’d scheduled as far into 2022 as I could.

Reactions: Patina and VoR61
Jan 31, 2021
Thank you for your reply. Yes, unfortunately we cancelled before the cruise was cancelled, and accepted the credit note. I guess it will just be down to whether the company out of goodwill might extend the credit note for us? We had travel insurance for the whole holiday, but the cancellation aspect of it was used up on the cancelled flights and hotels.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
I agree with Neil about scheduling travel. I hope that travel can be back by then. I would go ahead and schedule it and schedule it out for as far as possible which from your post appears to be the end of July 2022. So I would try and find something in July 2022 that would work for you.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I would definitely get it rebooked for 2022. If you bought travel insurance but it didn't cover all the cancellation expenses, you'd probably benefit from some advice. Once it's rebooked, get some travel insurance that covers travel provider insolvency. I'm happy with Dan Drennan in Omaha.

Reactions: VoR61