Credit Card promotion changed on 1st bill

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 17, 2018
Wow...gosh I feel like I shook hands with the Devil. This is why I called to confirm the offer was in fact either immediate or in 3 months...and fine print etc (bc I had that 24 hour window to cancel the Delta flight)...the peculiar thing is though...I did in fact get an offer of the $50 off and 30,000 miles and it showed on first statement, its bizarre, they must have multiple sceems going~

Jul 17, 2018
You can find out if you have written up the chain by going to your emails and looking for an email to each executive we show on our customer contacts and if there was at least a week in between each email.

If you’ve done that and get nowhere, we can recommend the CFPB and AG.

Other then that- we don’t advocate points so that’s the best we can do.

We don’t win every case but we give you the next tools to help advocate.

The terms Christina posted leave too many things you could have done that forfeit the offer. If absolutely none of the restrictions apply, the CFPB might be your best bet.

Let us know the outcome once you do that.

Jul 17, 2018
Ok, I sent an email inquiry with a copy of the letter I received as well as the pic of promo offer again, today, asking how they came the their decision and will give till next week then will contact CFPB unless you think I should do sooner?

Jul 17, 2018
*Update

I just found out I’ve been issued a $150 credit to my AMEX account. Apparently a letter was sent yet I never received it. The executive I had communicated with is out for an unknown amount of time, thankfully another assistant received my recent inquiry.

I asked to clear up the confusion of the other letter I received stating it was not AMEX fault and nothing would be done, and if AMEX and I can clear up any further charges that came from this.

Thank goodness...thank you all for your help, it took a lot of time and stress yet finally in the end AMEX still says it’s not their error yet this executive recognized my efforts and difficulties in getting this resolved.

Once I know what I did wrong with this offer, if I did anything, I will share to save others the heartache~

Sep 19, 2015
It sounds like the Delta credit application may have sent the wrong promotion code or the code changed and your account got coded incorrectly. So you got caught in the middle.