Costco

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 10, 2019
I had to take a day off of work and lost a full day wages so that I could be home for the delivery of a new grill I bought from Costco. It was supposed to be delivered today between 10 am and 2 pm. They got here and the shipping company had a TV not my grill so I obviously sent it back. When I called Costco they said a grill would be shipped out. My question is - can I be compensated for taking at day off and losing my wages? Plus I will now have to take another day off? When I asked the call center rep she said sorry for the inconvenience but thats about it. Thoughts?

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I had to take a day off of work and lost a full day wages so that I could be home for the delivery of a new grill I bought from Costco. It was supposed to be delivered today between 10 am and 2 pm. They got here and the shipping company had a TV not my grill so I obviously sent it back. When I called Costco they said a grill would be shipped out. My question is - can I be compensated for taking at day off and losing my wages? Plus I will now have to take another day off? When I asked the call center rep she said sorry for the inconvenience but thats about it. Thoughts?
Can you have the grill delivered to a neighbor or friend who is at home? We do this all the time.
You can ask and Costco may give you a gift certificate or a credit on your account. They probably will not pay you for a day off from work.

Sep 20, 2015
I order from Costco's website fairly often. One of my very, very few gripes with Costco is that they don't allow UPS shipments to be re-routed to a local UPS store rather than my house, where I can pick it up at my leisure. I really don't see why they don't allow this--all other online sources do.