Costco is Great--Tires!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 20, 2015
For a change, I don't want to complain--this may be preaching to the choir, but I have some kudos for Costco that I want everyone to know about. (Disclosure: I have been a Costco member since they merged with Price Club many years ago, and I have always thought they were fantastic).

Back in November, I bought a new set of tires for my car at Costco. (And their prices installed were much better than the competition) Nothing unusual there...but the other day I hit a curb and put a gouge in one of the tires. I made an appointment to see if it was fixable--I described the damage to the tire center, and without even looking at the tire they said "it's only 2 months old--you're getting a new tire". I thought for sure I would have to pay something toward it since sidewall damage normally isn't covered, but he gave me the bill and it read "zero". 45 minutes later, brand new tire on my car.

Now you know how Costco maintains its clientele.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017
I am also a longtime member of Costco and also when its was known as Price Club. I suggest you might drop a line about your very pleasant experience to the manager of the Costco store where you made your purchase and mention the names of the Costco employees who assisted you. Costco contact info is also listed here under Company Contacts, and then under Retail.

Dec 7, 2017
SoCal - EAST
Depending on the part of the country you are in you can do much better in price than costco.

And get the same or better service.

I use Americas / Discount Tire - they match costco installed prices, also provide free flat repair, rotation and road size hazard guarantee as part of the purchase.

Plus - unlike Costco there are a million of them - and generally does not require a 2 hour wait to get service. [Thats the prob in Calif - too many people = long waits for everything].

They also have all sorts of credit back deals - I got $100 off last year on Cyber monday because no one buys tires as part of the pre Christmas rush!

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Jan 6, 2015
For clarification, "I hit a curb and put a gouge in one of the tires" was caused by the driver and not a road hazard. The tire replacement was a goodwill gesture.

May 15, 2016
Yes that is true,.and is a fine point. I doubt any store would discriminate and distinguish between a tire hit a curb (not covered) and a tire hit a pothole (covered). I get how you volunteered this information, but I don't think they would have asked you if you didn't, so for the average consumer, it would have been a covered service.

May 15, 2016
I had a tire slashed about 6 months after I bought it. The dealership replaced the tire for free. Good service gets remembered.

I guess I will be the cynical one again. The tire has a name on it, like Michelin, Pirelli, Goodyear, etc. ...the manufacturer. If the dealer can get the manufacturer to replace the tire, you get a free tire. If not, the dealer is not going to give you a free tire for "goodwill" or "good service".