Cops airlines Refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 13, 2018
I need help with Copa. They agreed to give me a refund of $340. They keep asking me for credit card number and tell me to wait 30 days for billing cycle. It has been almost a year of emails back and forth and no refund. I emailed the CEO today. This is a refund they agreed to pay and I have the emails to prove it. Any suggestions? Can I sue them in small claims court? They are a Panamanian airlines but I paid in the US.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Use our Company Contacts to escalate your issue. After a year, it will be difficult, but you can prove that you've been working on this all this time, so don't let them use that as an excuse.

Jun 13, 2018
Use our Company Contacts to escalate your issue. After a year, it will be difficult, but you can prove that you've been working on this all this time, so don't let them use that as an excuse.
I already escalated my complaint to the CEO. I’m stuck and don’t kn

Jun 13, 2018
They are giving me a refund because they kicked me out of first class and put me in coach. I complained to the department of transportation and the customer care supervisor sent me this long letter trying to justify their behavior and told me they would refund me the difference ( even though they sold my seat to someone else). So I keep emailing her and she keeps telling me that they are trying to put the refund on my credit card but I have to wait 30 days. After 30 days I notify her I didn’t get my refund. It takes her 2 weeks to reply and asks for the middle # of my credit card the next time it might be the last 4. Anyway, it is excuse after excuse. I don’t know why they can’t send a check but they won’t. So I’m just so tired of them. I don’t believe they have good intentions. So I don’t know where to get help.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If you have already gone to the CEO - there isn't much more we can do., especially if you have filed a complaint with the DOT - once you file a complaint, the airlines usually will not deal with you.

We can only suggest you start the process from the bottom as we advise you to in our Company Contacts - read the information on how to write and then try our process.
http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/

Why did they "kick you out"? Did they change the plane type and the new plane didn't have enough first class seats?