Copa airline

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2018
Good day,
I would like to lay a complain regarding one of the star alliance member copa airline.
I booked a flight CM315 from Trinidad to curacos, I called the agent with customer service and explain that I would be doing a stop layover of which it was agreed upon this call was made on the 7th December 2018.
On the said day of flight 9th December passenger were denied on board, when the supervisor of the customer service was contacted there were several lies and allegations which includes
1. Passengers didn't show up; this is a lie because passengers where there 12hours before the flight
2. Immigration: another lie because the passenger shows the flight attendant the connecting flight out of Panama and that the lay over was 4hours and the max layover is 24hours
3. They were not informed: another lie because a phone conversation between myself and the agent was pulled up.
Now after much explanation to the flight attendant she adamantly refused to allow the passengers fly, resulting in them missing the flight to Panama and subsequently Panama to Turkey
The airline has the recording of the conversation and after listening to it they referred me back to Trinidad and did nothing
I hereby request a reimbursement of the flights including the missed connecting flight as this is a result of negligence and lack of proper education of member staff.
There is gross poor misconduct by the staff of copa airline, lack of communication and lack of remorse.
Instead the supervisor in Trinidad insulted me and said he never wants to speak to me, also said because I booked a cheap flight there is nothing they can do about it.
This is unfair.
The contract of carriage supports a stay layover so I am wondering why they didn't allow them.

Dec 19, 2014
I just read your post, and I have no idea what is going on.

This is what I can surmise.
The itinerary booked is : Trinadad to Curacao, connecting to a flight to Panama, connecting to a flight to Turkey. The layover was 12 hours in Curacao.
Is this correct?

You were then denied boarding on the Curacao to Panama segment.

Was this ticket booked through an agent? Directly with Copa?
What does your printed or confirmed itinerary say?

At this time, there is not enough information that you posted to even determine what happened

Dec 9, 2018
Thank you for your reply,
No, theyI were denied boarding from trinidad to Panama the first leg of the journey, the connecting flight was at Panama. It was booked directly with Copa.
When I mentioned agent I meant the customer service personal.
BreAk downtime. Passenger denied boarding from trinidad to Panama, saying they there itinerary said they were schedules for Curacao, but previously a customer service agent was informed of this stop at Panama and an agreement was made that a stop layover is allowed, the connecting flight at Panama itinerary was also presented.
I am willing to answer further questions

Dec 19, 2014
I'm still confused.

What was the confirmed itinerary?
Trinidad to Panama City to Turkey?
Where does Curacao come into play?

When you booked the ticket, what was the confirmed itinerary that they sent you?
Who was the traveler? The inference was that it was you, but in your reply you say "they". Who was traveling?

What passport was being used for travel? Was a visa needed? Was the denial because the connection time was long enough that visa-free transit wasn't allowed?

Again, a lot of missing information here

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Are you the traveler? We don’t assist if you are here for someone else- you must be the traveler.

We still do not understand what happened. Please give us the information in chronological order.

If you are not the traveler, please have the traveler post.

Dec 9, 2018
I have attached a screenshot of the flight itinerary to make it easy to understand.
I am making the complain because I booked the flight, but I shall getwe the travellers to post
The itinerary attached.
The passengers were to come off at Panama but where denied entry because the flight was to Curacao, and they subsequently missed the other connecting flight from Panama. The flight policy allows stay layover .

Attachments

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
What you booked was a flight from Port of Spain to Curacao with a 51 minute connection in Panama on the same date the flight left.

Why were they denied boarding? Did they have the proper passports/visas?

This reservation doesn't give them a stay over in Panama - this was booked all for the same day to go from Port of Spain to Curacao.

Who booked the ticket - did you? If they wanted to stay in Panama, you needed to book two one way tickets - one to Panama on one day and one several days later from Panama to Curacao.

I still don't understand why they weren't permitted to board the flight in Port of Spain - is that what you are saying? They weren't allowed to board the first flight?

Dec 9, 2018
Thank you for your reply,
Yes attached here is the connecting flight from Panama as a proof that they were not staying at panama, and the connection was a 4hours wait which was allowed by immigration. That had there passport, visa wasn't required.
There was no valid reason for them been denied boarding, the copa airport team didn't give a valid reason, even when they had been shown the connecting flight and proper details of everything.

Attachments

Dec 9, 2018
There was no reason for them been denied the flight. Copa airline did not give a valid reason, they tried using immigration as an excuse but it was proven invalid.

Feb 23, 2018
I'm still trying to understand what happened. It sounds like you booked a flight from Trinidad to Curacao, with a stop in Panama. The traveler was planning to depart the plane in Panama and catch a flight to Turkey; throwing away the flight from Panama to Curacao. Is that correct?

Apr 10, 2017
Was the final destination Panama or Curacao? The ticket has a final destination of Curacao but you're saying they were to catch a flight from Panama to Turkey. I could be completely wrong here but I'm just trying to make sense of what happened. Was a flight booked to Curacao because it was cheaper yet the passengers never intended to go there? Was this a "hidden city" ticket? If so and Copa caught onto that it could explain why they were denied boarding. Again, I could be wrong. I'm just throwing out a theory.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I'm still trying to understand what happened. It sounds like you booked a flight from Trinidad to Curacao, with a stop in Panama. The traveler was planning to depart the plane in Panama and catch a flight to Turkey; throwing away the flight from Panama to Curacao. Is that correct?
I also don’t understand this whole thing.

Why were they not permitted to board the first flight? That’s KEY.

Apr 10, 2017
You and I came up with the same theory at the same time. It's really the only thing that makes any kind of sense with the info we have.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I think Copa realized what they were doing and that's why they were denied boarding.
That is quite possible since throw away tickets aren’t allowed.

It’s also not “gross negligence “ if you book an illegal ticket and the airline doesn’t allow you to fly.

Did the passengers tell the Flight Attendants they werent taking the second flight?

Dec 9, 2018
There is a recorded conversation with the customer service agent before the day of the flight and the customer service agent agreed. If I was told other wise the ticket wwould have been rescheduled

Dec 9, 2018
Yes the flight attendants were informed and also they were showed the connecting flight from Panama that is attached above.

Status
Not open for further replies.