Contacting a Real Problem Person at Dish

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 31, 2021
Since 2016, I have been a satisfied Dish Customer with great repair service on a little island in the Middle of Lake Erie. Every year we have put our account on a 6-month vacation hold. We call them when we return and it has been a seamless event.

Hell on earth arrives, we leave our island in October 2020 and call Dish to put it on vacation for 6 months. December 2020, we get a notice that Dish is going to disconnect our service for lack of payment and they have sent a box for us to return their equipment.

I call and explain that we are not cancelling our service and we arranged a 6-month vacation hold. The person on phone said “Do not send back box, just keep it.” To this date, the return box is still sitting in our island post office as we are not on the island.

January 2021, I get a bill for $200 plus dollars. I try to call again but end up with a “LIVE Tech agent”. I type in what happened and she responded “OK, when you return to island we will take off the charges”. I luckily screen shotted the conversation for my records.

In March 2021, I get a bill for $400 plus from Dish. On March 21st, I get an email from [email protected] indicating they are attempting to collect $479.36 for dish.

On 3/25/2021, I send a certified, insured, signature required letter to Dish (Palatine, IL and Pasadena CA). So far, no response from either (I included both my phone number and email).

On March 30, 2021 I get a call from 877-371-3188 saying they are an outsource service for Dish. I explain the situation and respond “we can not guarantee that we will not contact you again”.

It has been non-stop barrage of calls….Warning Will Robinson !! Dish is NOT customer friendly. Screen shot or record any calls you have with Dish. Beware of texts and calls from Convergence Outsourcing. Lucky, we also have Direct on our island. I have contacted my attorney if this negatively impacts my credit rating.

Bill Lodermeier

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
The following is contingent is valid only if you have taken no legal action

You can escalate this VIA EMAIL using the contacts in the following link:
do not include attachments - - offer instead to send them upon request
be sure to start at the lowest level and that you give each contact one (1) week to respond before escalating to the next level

EXAMPLE
"I am writing to you today because my efforts to resolve an issue with customer service have been unsuccessful. Here are the details:
  • Since 2016, I have been a satisfied Dish Customer with great repair service on a little island in the Middle of Lake Erie
  • Every year we have put our account on a 6-month vacation hold, after which we call when we return and it has been a seamless event
  • In October 2020 we did so again, and in December 2020 we received a notice that Dish is going to disconnect our service for lack of payment
  • I called and explained that we are not cancelling our service and we arranged a 6-month vacation hold, but in January 2021 I received a bill for $200 plus dollars
  • I called again and reached a “LIVE Tech agent”, who stated “When you return to island we will take off the charges”
  • In March 2021, I have received the following:
A bill for $400 plus from Dish
An email from [email protected] indicating they are attempting to collect $479.36 for Dish
A call from Convergence Outsourcing saying they are an outsource service for Dish​
  • I have also sent a certified, insured, signature required letter to Dish (Palatine, IL and Pasadena CA) with no response thus far
I respectfully request your assistance in canceling this "debt" and restoring my account to its normal status. The vacation hold should be in place until we return.

Thank you for your time and consideration - I respect that you are very busy"

Mar 31, 2021
Finally, I followed your advice and an Associate (Daniel) at Dish Network apologized and we worked it out. All is right with the world. I donated to your site. Thank You
You are my Hero(s) He is also going to call Credit Company and call them off.
In the words of my 6 year old....Dad do not tell me there is not an Easter Bunny.

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
I would still wait until you actually have your Easter basket though.
These collection agencies are hard to get to let go of you once they have their teeth in you even when you have proved you do not owe and the original debt holder has done the same.
For this reason I would keep all your records over this , that prove you do not owe as years from now the debt is resold and another collection agency is hassling you.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Finally, I followed your advice and an Associate (Daniel) at Dish Network apologized and we worked it out. All is right with the world. I donated to your site. Thank You
You are my Hero(s) He is also going to call Credit Company and call them off.
In the words of my 6 year old....Dad do not tell me there is not an Easter Bunny.
So happy to hear this. As I was reading your post, I thought, "This is just a billing glitch, a piece of cake to straighten out, you just need to convince someone at DISH to help you.". You have a very wise 6 year-old. But Comicman is right, don't be skipping down the bunny trail with that basket just yet. Arm yourself with something in writing to fend off the collection weasels. Deal with them only in writing, do not talk with them on the phone. Or maybe a miracle will occur (it is Easter after all) and the collection agency will be promptly informed and drop the chase.