Confirmation

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 28, 2019
My colleagues have expressed the truth very well. Rather than arguing who is more gullible than whom, use an easier criteria. If the information you're reading is not written in clear, correct English, assume it's a scam. Real information is written by people who can use grammar, syntax and vocabulary correctly. The bad guys have bad English, an easy "tell".
This isn’t helpful for people who are non-native English speakers, who are often not able to recognize “bad” English. (In fact, even advertisements from legit business enterprises in countries where English is a second language are filled with grammatical problems.

Jun 24, 2019
My colleagues have expressed the truth very well. Rather than arguing who is more gullible than whom, use an easier criteria. If the information you're reading is not written in clear, correct English, assume it's a scam. Real information is written by people who can use grammar, syntax and vocabulary correctly. The bad guys have bad English, an easy "tell".

There is a school of thought that the bad grammar and spelling errors are deliberate. Folks who blow past those problems are likely to be more gullible.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
This isn’t helpful for people who are non-native English speakers, who are often not able to recognize “bad” English. (In fact, even advertisements from legit business enterprises in countries where English is a second language are filled with grammatical problems.
You are so right. I would hope that people contact someone who is fluent in English for assistance.

Sep 22, 2015
I have applied for the job in quickr I have got a call and they said we have * rounds for interview and for first round you have to pay 2000 for registration and 7000for training which is refundable when I go to airport for face to face interview is this real job offer plz say me and they given me the ac no for payment Account holder name-indigo pvt. Ltd.* This is the one is this the correct plz say me
I would improve my lingual and typing skills before applying for any job

May 28, 2019
The OP lives in India- that is a little unfair.
I’d view this with a bit of humor if I were the OP… the person criticizing the OP made grammatical/word choice/punctuation errors him/herself.

But, yes, it’s clear that the OP is a non-native English speaker. Presumably the scam is targeting that population — and anyone else looking to hire someone who’s a non-native speaker in a legitimate job would generally be somewhat charitable in their assessment of language skills (as long as the job didn’t require those skills for the actual performance of those tasks).