Comcast/ Xfinity Mobile agent gives Xtremely WRONG Information TWICE in ONE CALL! No resolution as of yet!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 18, 2018
Houston, Tx
On September 23rd , 2018 I made a call to Comcast with 2 concerns: One was that I noticed there was no mobile protection plan added to my service plan for the Samsung galaxy phone i was purchasing from them and wanted to add a.s.a.p., and the other was to find out who the 2 OTHER people were that suddenly showed up on my plan with several phones and service charges well above mine. The agent that took my call was a gentleman but i do not have his name.

I told him my concern with the people added to my account and that i was the only one that should have been there. He explained to me that this family and I “shared” the same account number and not to worry because their’s was not active (even though there bill was getting up there every so often). He said he would fix this and I then told him my second issue about getting mobile protection for my phone and if i still was able to i would do so on the spot. He went on hold for a moment and returned to tell me that I would have to wait until I had the device for 30 days before they could add the plan.

I questioned this, because it sounded backwards to me, but he said NO, that was the policy, and even told me i had 11 more days to wait until my 30 days was up and i could add it. Being in customer support, I took him at his word in confidence and waited the 11 days plus 2 more to be sure. during this time i continued to check my account and the only people i could see were the people who shared my account number… still not my info. On the 13th day i called to find out what was going on and to purchase the protection. The new agent informed me that it had expired at 30 days and i could no longer buy the plan. I explained to him what i was told and that i waited the recommended time but even at that , could not check my account because the other family was STILL THE ONLY ONES TO SHOW UP. He simply said “sorry.”

A few days later I called again to see why this family was not removed from the account or why I couldnt get another number, anything. I explained to this agent the mobile protection fiasco as well, but said I would let it go and just be careful with the phone. He fixed the shared account number thing and even gave me 45 dollars credit towards my bill of 25 dollars at the time (it is for the record the cheapest plan out there, just fyi lol).I told him my partner had the phone and since i had access to 5 lines i would be calling to order another phone when the iphone xs was back in stock and check for the protection. Well, the time came to order my phone, and at check out online, I was told my credit was not qualified for the new phone and they could not tell me why. The first agent offered to check on this and the call was dropped. The next agent told me after i told everything to him that He couldn’t do anything for me, and to call back in the morning to explain to a supervisor all the hassles I was having. The 4th and final agent i spoke with (as i was sobbing over the whole experience the next mornings was told by agent number 2) explained that it was not ME but the other family previously that caused MY good standing credit with them to be flagged. She and I and another technician spent upwards of an hour deleting my email addresses, changing passwords, etc etc to have my name green lighted to purchase my phone. When I was rejected AGAIN she explained that because the system showed me as a rejection already that i would have to wait 90 days to try again. Here is where i stand NOW: The first phone can no longer be found, nor can my partner who was using it at the time he left. I am not able to transfer my number to another device for some reason only known to Comcast, i must use one of my 5 numbers allowed to me for being a valued customer. I just cant get a phone from them until I pay for the first one without protection, which i was trying to get in the first place, AND pay in full for a new device or find a used one. I will finish in the resolution section

What's your desired resolution? i am not asking for anything free. I am even offering to overlook the misinformation given to me originally by their agent and keep paying for the lost phone like i have been, and the line fee that goes with it even though it is not being used anymore. I simply want to purchase another device and pay monthly for it, and pay for the extra line that i was told i have to use, and I will gladly make sure there is mobile protection on it before i check out.
And I would like them to find the agent that is giving the bad info out and have him told the correct policy…I hold him accountable for most of this, I do… But i am willing to STILL pay for EVERYTHING they want me to pay for because of this and keep my services with them. I do not have the kind of money it would take to pay for two phones outright like they are asking. I . hope that made sense. I don’t want stuff for free, I just want them to work with me like i am working with them over an agent who dropped the ball on their side on his watch. Thank you for your time and ps: i forgot to mention the last agent said they WOULD allow me the mobile protection for the first one after all, BUT it has yet to show up on my account. Since I’m offering to pay for the phone without it anyway it doesn’t matter i guess. thanks again

What's the value of your claim (in US $)? 0

Date of transaction/travel date: 09/19/2018

By submitting this form, I authorize representatives of this site and its affiliates to disclose information I have provided to a third party. I understand this authorization also applies to past and future correspondence with representatives of this site and its affiliates. The information may be used in a news story. I release and hold harmless this site and its affiliates from any liability and/or claims in connection with the disclosure of the information.

Jul 13, 2016
Wow, this is certainly a mess.
Your post is a little long and I got a little lost, but am I understanding that the phone (without the protection plan) is no longer in your possession because your partner took it and is now gone? Is he/she using the phone? Are you receiving bills for that phone number?

Whenever you get what you think is squirelly advice, that you think couldn't possibly be correct, politely hang up and call back. If the second agent gives different advice, politely hang up and call back. Then see what the third phone rep says. That should confirm either the first or the second reps' advice.

I agree with Neil that you need to start writing the executives list here on this site. But I would drastically cut your letter. You want to give them just the barest facts. Long letters are skimmed over or maybe even ignored. You want to have the reader (who is blameless in this) to contact you for more info. Shoving all the information into a long letter is detrimental.

Bullet points help to keep a letter short and to the point. Politely beg for help with an ongoing issue. Here is how I would shorten your letter.

On (date) I called to add protection to my phone and to remove unknown accounts holders from my assigned phone number. I was assured that the unknown family would be removed from my account. I was instructed I had to wait 30 days to add protection (incorrect). Due to the incorrect information given to me re: the protection plan, I was not allowed to add it to my phone.​
On (date) I called again because the unknown family appearing in my account were still there. Even though this was apparently fixed during this call, I was denied credit for a new phone (I lost the first phone) because of my account being associated with this unknown family.​
I am now without a phone. I cannot buy a new one because my credit has been tainted by association with unknown to me persons. I am still paying for the phone I lost.​

Oct 18, 2018
Houston, Tx
I am onboard with these suggestions, and I definitely needed the letter feedback immensely! Being a Freelance storyteller, I oftenet caught up in the details and will most assuredly end up in the weeds of the oxford english dictionary . If you can believe this, there are 3 more downfalls to this whole fiasco that I omitted thinking i was at the bare minimum to get my case heard.You have been a lifeline in that department! I am about to start writing to the executives but I wanted to know if i should send only formal emails or only formal typed letters, or both. I appreciate you reaching out to me as quick as you did.I will post my resolution and findings if things change

Oct 18, 2018
Houston, Tx
Your post is a little long and I got a little lost, but am I understanding that the phone (without the protection plan) is no longer in your possession because your partner took it and is now gone? Is he/she using the phone? Are you receiving bills for that phone number?

Whenever you get what you think is squirelly advice, that you think couldn't possibly be correct, politely hang up and call back. If the second agent gives different advice, politely hang up and call back. Then see what the third phone rep says. That should confirm either the first or the second reps' advice.

I agree with Neil that you need to start writing the executives list here on this site. But I would drastically cut your letter. You want to give them just the barest facts. Long letters are skimmed over or maybe even ignored. You want to have the reader (who is blameless in this) to contact you for more info. Shoving all the information into a long letter is detrimental.

Bullet points help to keep a letter short and to the point. Politely beg for help with an ongoing issue. Here is how I would shorten your letter.

On (date) I called to add protection to my phone and to remove unknown accounts holders from my assigned phone number. I was assured that the unknown family would be removed from my account. I was instructed I had to wait 30 days to add protection (incorrect). Due to the incorrect information given to me re: the protection plan, I was not allowed to add it to my phone.​
On (date) I called again because the unknown family appearing in my account were still there. Even though this was apparently fixed during this call, I was denied credit for a new phone (I lost the first phone) because of my account being associated with this unknown family.​
I am now without a phone. I cannot buy a new one because my credit has been tainted by association with unknown to me persons. I am still paying for the phone I lost.​
I forgot to tell you... Yes they are both gone... The phone and the partner... and according to family sources he is under the care of his father in another state for the rest of this year. The phone itself has never been located

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Given what you have posted I would run away from Comcast as fast as you can. You have a compromised account, no phone, a credit card on file and are at risk for many bad things.

Since you do not have the phone and they will not sell you a phone, cancel your Comcast account, cancel the credit card Comcast has on file and buy an unlocked phone from Samsung or whatever brand you choose. Open an account with the unlocked phone with ATT/Verizon/Sprint/T-Mobile (make sure your unlocked phone is compatible with the cell provider you choose) and go on your way. If you wish to save money you can get a prepaid account for $30-50 /month with unlimited calls/text and plenty of data. The only downside to a prepaid is that they do not work outside the US, but if you are not traveling internationally it would not matter.

Every day you keep your compromised account with Comcast exposes you to bills and credit card theft. Why waste time fighting with them. Drop them ASAP.

Oct 18, 2018
Houston, Tx
I am not familiar with the Samsung phones, but do they not have Find my phone feature as Apple phones do?
yes , but these features only work as long as the battery is charged and the phone is turned on. Through my google account I was able to trace the phone's last known location to a street 3 miles from my home where a walmart parking lot stands.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I am onboard with these suggestions, and I definitely needed the letter feedback immensely! Being a Freelance storyteller, I oftenet caught up in the details and will most assuredly end up in the weeds of the oxford english dictionary . If you can believe this, there are 3 more downfalls to this whole fiasco that I omitted thinking i was at the bare minimum to get my case heard.You have been a lifeline in that department! I am about to start writing to the executives but I wanted to know if i should send only formal emails or only formal typed letters, or both. I appreciate you reaching out to me as quick as you did.I will post my resolution and findings if things change
For an effective complaint letter, state facts only. Bulletin form. No creative writing. Straight and to the point.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Yes indeedy, what a mess. A chronological list of the facts is needed ... you can use emails, don't need a paper letter. I totally agree with Weilhac's advice. Sometimes you just have to walk away from a service provider; it's too much effort to try to unscrew a mess like this.

Another new phone option is Tracfone with no contract, you just buy minutes as you need them. If you're not often on the phone, this is a very frugal way to go. My smartphone cost $50 and I buy 1200 minutes of voice plus an equal amount of data per year for a little over $100. I love it.

Aug 30, 2015
This is one of those cases where they tell you to write a brief letter, but it is so screwed up on so many fronts, that it take a lot more to explain it. Unfortunately, there are situations where things do get extremely screwed up. You really need someone who has come common sense and access to the account to straighten it out. Good luck with that. It is all quite terrifying. I suppose the only solution now is to cancel the account and talk to the executives to get it fixed...

Feb 11, 2018
Given what you have posted I would run away from Comcast as fast as you can. You have a compromised account, no phone, a credit card on file and are at risk for many bad things.

Since you do not have the phone and they will not sell you a phone, cancel your Comcast account, cancel the credit card Comcast has on file and buy an unlocked phone from Samsung or whatever brand you choose. Open an account with the unlocked phone with ATT/Verizon/Sprint/T-Mobile (make sure your unlocked phone is compatible with the cell provider you choose) and go on your way. If you wish to save money you can get a prepaid account for $30-50 /month with unlimited calls/text and plenty of data. The only downside to a prepaid is that they do not work outside the US, but if you are not traveling internationally it would not matter.

Every day you keep your compromised account with Comcast exposes you to bills and credit card theft. Why waste time fighting with them. Drop them ASAP.
I couldn't agree more. Why stay with a company that can't do anything right? The whole thing is so bizarre!

Oct 18, 2018
Houston, Tx
I have since taken everyone's advice and shortened my letter included is a pdf file below. I Do understand the efectiveness of the letter being a short one, and I will send it in its shor1t version, but personally i don't see any sense of urgency or escelation in it. Having never been in a situation like this before, I wondered if anyone out there has any advice or mentionables with the executive customer service portal? Perhaps reaching out here before the letter goes out shows my " ill do this for you you re way

On September 23rd , 2018 I made a call to Comcast with 2 concerns: One was that I noticed there was no mobile protection plan added to my service plan for the Samsung galaxy phone i was purchasing from them and wanted to add a.s.a.p., and the other was to find out who the 2 OTHER people were that suddenly showed up on my plan with several phones and service charges well above mine. The agent that took my call was a gentleman but i do not have his name.

I told him my concern with the people added to my account and that i was the only one that should have been there. He explained to me that this family and I “shared” the same account number and not to worry because their’s was not active (even though there bill was getting up there every so often). He said he would fix this and I then told him my second issue about getting mobile protection for my phone and if i still was able to i would do so on the spot. He went on hold for a moment and returned to tell me that I would have to wait until I had the device for 30 days before they could add the plan.

I questioned this, because it sounded backwards to me, but he said NO, that was the policy, and even told me i had 11 more days to wait until my 30 days was up and i could add it. Being in customer support, I took him at his word in confidence and waited the 11 days plus 2 more to be sure. during this time i continued to check my account and the only people i could see were the people who shared my account number… still not my info. On the 13th day i called to find out what was going on and to purchase the protection. The new agent informed me that it had expired at 30 days and i could no longer buy the plan. I explained to him what i was told and that i waited the recommended time but even at that , could not check my account because the other family was STILL THE ONLY ONES TO SHOW UP. He simply said “sorry.”

A few days later I called again to see why this family was not removed from the account or why I couldnt get another number, anything. I explained to this agent the mobile protection fiasco as well, but said I would let it go and just be careful with the phone. He fixed the shared account number thing and even gave me 45 dollars credit towards my bill of 25 dollars at the time (it is for the record the cheapest plan out there, just fyi lol).I told him my partner had the phone and since i had access to 5 lines i would be calling to order another phone when the iphone xs was back in stock and check for the protection. Well, the time came to order my phone, and at check out online, I was told my credit was not qualified for the new phone and they could not tell me why. The first agent offered to check on this and the call was dropped. The next agent told me after i told everything to him that He couldn’t do anything for me, and to call back in the morning to explain to a supervisor all the hassles I was having. The 4th and final agent i spoke with (as i was sobbing over the whole experience the next mornings was told by agent number 2) explained that it was not ME but the other family previously that caused MY good standing credit with them to be flagged. She and I and another technician spent upwards of an hour deleting my email addresses, changing passwords, etc etc to have my name green lighted to purchase my phone. When I was rejected AGAIN she explained that because the system showed me as a rejection already that i would have to wait 90 days to try again. Here is where i stand NOW: The first phone can no longer be found, nor can my partner who was using it at the time he left. I am not able to transfer my number to another device for some reason only known to Comcast, i must use one of my 5 numbers allowed to me for being a valued customer. I just cant get a phone from them until I pay for the first one without protection, which i was trying to get in the first place, AND pay in full for a new device or find a used one. I will finish in the resolution section

What's your desired resolution? i am not asking for anything free. I am even offering to overlook the misinformation given to me originally by their agent and keep paying for the lost phone like i have been, and the line fee that goes with it even though it is not being used anymore. I simply want to purchase another device and pay monthly for it, and pay for the extra line that i was told i have to use, and I will gladly make sure there is mobile protection on it before i check out.
And I would like them to find the agent that is giving the bad info out and have him told the correct policy…I hold him accountable for most of this, I do… But i am willing to STILL pay for EVERYTHING they want me to pay for because of this and keep my services with them. I do not have the kind of money it would take to pay for two phones outright like they are asking. I . hope that made sense. I don’t want stuff for free, I just want them to work with me like i am working with them over an agent who dropped the ball on their side on his watch. Thank you for your time and ps: i forgot to mention the last agent said they WOULD allow me the mobile protection for the first one after all, BUT it has yet to show up on my account. Since I’m offering to pay for the phone without it anyway it doesn’t matter i guess. thanks again

What's the value of your claim (in US $)? 0

Date of transaction/travel date: 09/19/2018

By submitting this form, I authorize representatives of this site and its affiliates to disclose information I have provided to a third party. I understand this authorization also applies to past and future correspondence with representatives of this site and its affiliates. The information may be used in a news story. I release and hold harmless this site and its affiliates from any liability and/or claims in connection with the disclosure of the information.

Attachments

Oct 18, 2018
Houston, Tx
Note to self: Do not post replies to any threads, or do any writing for that matter, when you are still asleep, as it looks dreadful when you finally see the results LOL! apologies for this morning's replies to the thread. Not my best work.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Note to self: Do not post replies to any threads, or do any writing for that matter, when you are still asleep, as it looks dreadful when you finally see the results LOL! apologies for this morning's replies to the thread. Not my best work.
You gave me my afternoon's laugh, Snowcolio92, thanks! I'm such an English/grammar freak that posts like yours just appall me ... but good humor delights me equally. FOR OUR OTHER READERS: Making a list of the facts in chronological order is sometimes the only way to both explain your situation and have someone understand it. I like to run my letter by someone who is unfamiliar with my problem to see they grasp the issue.

Oct 18, 2018
Houston, Tx
Good evening everyone! I wanted to update you all on what occurred this weekend. I received an email from Corey Supervisor, who said he tried to call on Saturday to talk about where they failed and needed to change. He asked me let him know a good time to talk over the phone. I thanked him for the response and gave him the times only to discover that it returned my emails. He has sent his through a do not reply filter or something of the sort. That is all for now.

Hello,​
My name is Corey Supervisor with Comcast. Thank you for completing a survey on your experience with Xfinity. It sounds like we didn’t meet expectations and I want to say we’re sorry for falling short.​
I tried to reach you a few minutes ago. We value feedback and would like to schedule some time to connect via phone to learn more about your experience so we can make improvements. At your earliest convenience, please let me know a few times that work for you by responding to this email.​
I look forward to connecting. We know you have choices, and we thank you for choosing us.​
Kind Regards,​
Corey​
If you do not wish to receive emails like this in the future, please click here.​
Comcast Cable, One Comcast Center​
1701 JFK Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19103​
Attn: eMarketing​

Corey,

Thank you for reaching out to me this morning, and I do appreciate the opportunity you are affording to me via phone as well

I am available today (Sunday10/2/2018) from now until 4 pm CST, Then I will be available again Monday and Tuesday (10/22.-23/2018) from 10am CST until 5pm CST to speak with you. I am attaching a condensed copy of my letter concerning the matter to this for you to review, and of course a full letter explaining all details up until today is also available at your disposal and at your convenience.

Again, I appreciate the time afforded to me with a phone call this matter, and it will be clearly notated.

My landline number is xxx-xxx-xxxx. My cell number is no longer available, but we will hopefully cross that bridge when we get to it.

Thanks again

Note: Edited to remove consumers phone number.
Anthony A. Little

mailto:comcast_feedback@comcast.medallia.com
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

* comcast_feedback@comcast.medallia.com

Reason: Permanent Error

Reporting-MTA: dns; resqmta-ch2-01v.sys.comcast.net [69.252.207.33]
Received-From-MTA: dns; resomta-ch2-09v.sys.comcast.net [69.252.207.105]
Arrival-Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 20:47:29 +0000

Final-recipient: rfc822; comcast_feedback@comcast.medallia.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;
Last-attempt-Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 20:48:30 +0000

Sep 27, 2017
Even though he is trying to reach you via phone, if at all possible try to press him into a response via email. You want an electronic "paper trail" in case his promises goes by the wayside.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
What a bunch of bozos! Just move on to the next exec and explain what's happened. I've had ComCast biz service for many years, and I think that as soon as a rep becomes effective, they promote them to the business side and keep filling the residential slots with new trainees.