Comcast non-responsiveness

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 16, 2018
I signed up with Comcast/XFinity in March 2018 for a bundle of cable TV/land line/Internet for $128/month for 12 months. I emailed, more than once, their listed Elliott advocacy contact, Charlie Herrin, about extending to a new contract, in the first quarter of 2019, and never heard back. I called them several times over time, and only once did I find a person who (allegedly) tried to help since my monthly increase was between 50%- 60% beginning in year 2 and has remained there ever since (amount goes up and down a smidgen each month but has remained in the ~$200/month ballpark.

The individual I spoke with the one time sounded very sympathetic and competent. She said she'd get a good sized refund for some of my huge monthly % increase and a substantially lower rate going forward. I was so sure she sounded like she'd ''come through'' for me, I didn't even write down and save her name. DUMB! More time passed and I never heard back, never got the promised credit nor a lower monthly rate. I never subsequently found anyone who could/would help, so I just gave up and more time has passed.

I ran into a guy in late 2018 who told me he got an offer in the mail for a bundle only $10/month more than my first year ($139/month), if he would sign a two year contract, which I'd have done in a heartbeat.

The name of the "Comcast corporate contact'' I sent my emails to, is no longer there per your current list.

DESIRED RESOLUTION To receive, retrospectively, the two year contract renewal for the period of March 2019 to March 2021, the promised refund from my conversation in later 2018, and a lower rate prospectively.

VALUE OF CLAIM The difference between the $139/month under the two year renewal contract which would have begun in March 2019 to March 2021 and the typical $195-$200/month it's been for this period. So, about $60/month x 24 months, to march 2021, or a little over $1400. And a lower rate going forward.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Comcast is notorious for not giving discounts once you are a customer. I have them in Florida and their attitude is “take it or leave it”. I found a bit more luck going into a store vs. dealing with them over the phone. Do you have a local store nearby?

In the meantime please report the invalid information here so our researchers can try and find new contacts.

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
I had this problem. I called to completely cancel my service. The kept switching me to another person to try and convince me to stay. On the 3rd person I got offered the right price. The next time this happened I changed to FIOS.

Sep 16, 2018
Comicman, do you have the name and phone number of the person you got satisfaction with? The ones you didn't?!
Did they give a decent term new contract? Just curious how the specifics of your situation worked out, if you don't mind sharing. I realize your bundle may not be the same as mine.

Neil, there is a store within driving distance. Re the "new contact," there was no name given under Comcast that I saw.

I'll also add that I have a choice of three where I live which is more than many have. That said, I was with Wave for quite a while, and they kept billing me more than what I had in writing with them (!!) and they wouldn't change it. Their service quality had been going down. There is also AT&T in my area, but I've heard their service is spotty.
This sure as hell is not as easy as buying a gallon of milk or loaf of brread.

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
I just called the main number and asked to speak to someone about canceling my service. My contract was over and could cancel for free. So it was the number on my bill. I am not with Comcast any more so I no longer have any records from them.
I had one call but was transferred from one person trying to get me not to leave them to another. I will guess higher up the food chain till someone offered me a price similar to what I had before.