Comcast delivered two phones to my home that I didn't order.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 7, 2017
SoCal - EAST
You might just want to install one of those “Video” Door Bell Cameras that are being advertised all over the media. Some actually have motion detection and infared for nighttime and record playback. All operated by Wi-Fi and accessible on your cell phone or computer. Easy to install and less than $150.... what happened to your wife is very scary!
Wifi Cameras are $40 a pop on Amazon - then about $10 for a 32gb memory card for each of them - total is $100 or so for two cameras.

You just need power close by and the wifi signal to reach. Basically - search Amazon for YiHome . . . HD cams are $35-45

One part of me says that it's a good thing that your pit bull didn't get hold of this slimeball because he'd probably sue you, even though he was invading your home. Another part of me wishes that the dog had gotten his teeth into this guys leg and held him until the police could arrive. Are there any video cameras in your neighborhood that could have caught an image of the scammer or a picture of his car and license plate?

I can't remember a post on this forum that has gotten me as angry about the situation or as sympathetic to the Original Poster's plight. I don't blame you for being PO'd and I wish you luck with Comcast.

Aug 22, 2017
Unfortunately I didn't have any cameras when this happened. I do now. As of yesterday I had not heard anything from Comcast/Xfinity about the phones. I emailed the secondary contact listed here over a week ago but received no response. The phones were in the closet and we had pretty much forgotten about them and the whole ordeal. Then I got a call from someone Comcast who said they received an email from me the day before. I told them I had not sent any emails in over a week to anyone at Comcast and when were they going to pick up the phones they sent me because I was not spending another minute of my time dealing with any of this. The guy said he was working on it and I told him the criminal who ordered the phones from my account was able to come to my home the day after he ordered the phones so why was Comcast taking so long? He apologized for putting my families life at risk and I lost my temper and told him I had had enough of their BS and said I was going to call the ABC and CBS affiliates if they did not have someone pick up the phones from my home within the next 4 hours. I told him we were going out and that the phones would be on my front door step and that I was done dealing with them. I hung up and and started to leave to go shopping with my wife 40 minutes later and their was a guy walking up to my front door. He told me he came to pick up my phones and said he was sorry yada yada yada. So the nightmare is over but I still kind of want to call the local ABC and CBS channels to tell them about the situation. Comcast should not send phones to peoples homes when the person ordering the phone is not listed on the account. Or at the very least, if someone places an order under a different name not listed on the account, send a email to the primary account holder prior to shipping to confirm the order is legitimate. That would have prevent this garbage from occurring had they taken those simple measures. My credit card sends me those emails all the time to check to see if some of my larger purchases are legit. Comcast should also do this one orders are placed for thousands of dollars by a name not listed on the account. I'm still mad as hell about all of this.

Jan 6, 2015
It sounds like the employee who called you re: "your mail" was forwarded the one you sent to the secondary contact. That is a common occurrence, and one that is safe to assume for future appeals you make to any company.

That happened to us just last week ...

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I agree that Comcast totally blew it but on the other hand, the thieves that did this have your name and address. I can't believe how blatant they were to knock on your door for the phones they used your identity to buy! You should pull a credit report and check to make sure that there are no unknown accounts.

Identity theft is very difficult to fix so make sure this phone thing hasn’t gone further than simply having phones delivered to your house.

If it were me- I would use our company contacts and write to the Executives at Comcast and tell
them what happened and how dismissive Customer Service has been.

This is not simply a case of a thief ordering a phone being delivered to your home. These thieves have your address and know where you live.

Feb 9, 2016
if it were me, I would ask that my Comcast account be closed and immediately transferred to a new, password protected, account so no one could do this again.

Aug 22, 2017
That was the first thing I thought. Comcast couldn't do anything all this time and came immediately when you called?
The guy who showed up was legit. After the heated discussion yesterday on the phone with Comcast, when I mentioned going to go to the media, that must have concerned them enough to at least come get the phones. The guy who showed up gave me his business card. He is Comcast's senior manager of operations for the city I live in. The representative called me back and left a message after the manager got the phones and made reference to the fact that they now had the phones so at least that part of this nightmare is over.

But the fact that the criminal knows where I live and may possibly still come back again is quite unsettling to say the very least. I work long hours so when my family is at home without me now it really concerns me and that fact has given me more than one sleepless night lately. As I write this I have a splitting headache just thinking about it all. I cannot adequately express in words how angry I am about this. I almost feel Comcast victimized me more than the criminal dirtbag.

I received an email today from them about compensation for the ordeal. They basically said its not there fault and there was nothing they could have done about any of it but they value me as a customer so much they offered me a free month of internet for my troubles if I accept.

They definitely could have done something about it if they gave a #$%^ about their customers. I alerted them of this fraudulent activity four hours after the orders were placed. Had they cancelled the orders right away or even called FedEx later that day they could have stopped or had the phones returned without ever making it to my door step, TWO DAYS LATER. My wife said the criminal made reference to the Fedex tracking number and knew they had been delivered to our home by the tracking number. Comcast could have stopped the delivery if they had gotten off their rear ends and made a phone call. They could have prevented this criminal from ever showing up on my door step but they choose not to do so and their negligence in this matter endangered my family.

I'm no longer interested in dealing with Comcast. I want them to change their policies, or at the very least shine the light on their pathetic response, so if this happens again and someone gets hurt or killed they won't be able to say they had no idea this could happen. I want to expose them. I'm going to get the police report and write up a timeline and see if the local ABC, CBS and FOX affiliate in my area are interested in doing a story about it with their consumer reporter. Who knows if they or anybody else will care but I'm sick of being victimized by Comcast and I'm going to try to do something about it.

Last edited:

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Isn't there a nice protective dog in your home? If she has access to the whole house, I wouldn't worry about someone trying to harm your family! Definitely not trying to downplay your situation, but people develop ulcers over stuff like this ... absolute unfairness that is almost impossible to make right.

Oct 10, 2015
It has been a long time since I read about this so it is possible that things have changed but here goes:

(critiques wanted) Suppose you had done the following:

Shortly after the package arrived and not being able to get through on the phone quickly, you wrote a snail mail letter:

Dear Sirs:
Yesterday a package was delivered from you to me that I did not order. The tracking number is XXXX. As you know, unordered merchandise may be considered by the recipient to be a gift.
However I will be happy to quickly return the package to you if you do one of the following:
* Send me a postpaid label or box so I can drop the package in the mail, or
* Have one of your representatives come to my home to pick it up.
Please be aware that you will be responsible for the package as soon as it leaves my hands so it would be desirable for you to prepay for insurance and tracking or to make an appointment to meet me.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
(If you have never dealt with that company then do not autograph the letter.)

You should report criminal behavior and suspected fraud to the police but in this first letter do not mention the police. Do not mention the name on the label. Do not mention that some stranger came to your door to demand the package.

If you do not get a reply then send the same letter via certified snail mail return receipt requested once. You can do other things like the things you did interspersed with my suggested activities but do not mention the contents of the above letter unless asked or queried first by the person on the phone.

Last edited:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
It has been a long time since I read about this so it is possible that things have changed but here goes:

(critiques wanted) Suppose you had done the following:

Shortly after the package arrived and not being able to get through on the phone quickly, you wrote a snail mail letter:

Dear Sirs:
Yesterday a package was delivered from you to me that I did not order. The tracking number is XXXX. As you know, unordered merchandise may be considered by the recipient to be a gift.
However I will be happy to quickly return the package to you if you do one of the following:
* Send me a postpaid label or box so I can drop the package in the mail, or
* Have one of your representatives come to my home to pick it up.
Please be aware that you will be responsible for the package as soon as it leaves my hands so it would be desirable for you to prepay for insurance and tracking or to make an appointment to meet me.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
(If you have never dealt with that company then do not autograph the letter.)

You should report criminal behavior and suspected fraud to the police but in this first letter do not mention the police. Do not mention the name on the label. Do not mention that some stranger came to your door to demand the package.

If you do not get a reply then send the same letter via certified snail mail return receipt requested once. You can do other things like the things you did interspersed with my suggested activities but do not mention the contents of the above letter unless asked or queried first by the person on the phone.
Our writer did file a police report and contacted Comcast several times to come and pick it up.

Jan 9, 2016
If you have not been billed for the phones, let them sit in the corner collecting dust until Comcast sends a Fedex call tag. If billed to your account, email Comcast, explain the error objectively (without any commentary or guesses about how the error occurred) and advise them it is their responsibility to send a Fedex call tag (or pickup). It seems as if you have already made more than enough effort to return the phones. It does sound like your neighborhood justifies enhanced security lighting and video surveillance.

Nov 20, 2015
You should report criminal behavior and suspected fraud to the police but in this first letter do not mention the police.
This strategy cannot work in this case because the OP's account has been hacked and used to order merchandise fraudulently. Comcast requires victims of fraud to file a police report and go through other(onerous, in my view) steps to resolve claims. www.xfinity.com/fraudclaimform.
Sadly, the victim has to prove that he is a victim. I'm sure there are many new cases like this every day at a company the size of Comcast.

Feb 17, 2018
Hey OP, this just happened to me also last week. I've been scouring the web since then for anyone else out there that had this happened and this forum came up for me today. I also don't know what to do because I'm sitting on 2 new iPhones that Comcast doesn't want to deal with.

I received an email early last week from Comcast Mobile confirming my order which I don't use their mobile service. I called Comcast and was transferred to their fraud department, which apparently is overseas because of the accents of lack of knowledge about the States. Anyways, while I was on the phone with them, I got another email confirming another order. Called the fraud department back, this time they were not listening to me and basically told me I was crazy because my account showed no orders or having been billed even though I had the order numbers that I gave them. Two days later, Fed Ex knocks on my door with 2 packages. We've been getting a lot of packages latley because my wife is expecting our child any day so we didn't look at the address label, which was addressed to "Alhassan D Alhassan."

The weird thing was when they came to the door, I noticed a car near my house with someone sitting in it. I didn't think anything about at the time but later that day when I went outside, the car was still there with the person in it. I started walking down my drive and the car took off. That's when I realized they were probably going to steal them off my porch but didn't know what to do when I had to sign for the packages. I called the Police immediately, same reaction you got...they did nothing nor wanted to do anything. I told them that I was going to bring the packages into the station to file a report and they told me not to because no crime was committed and that I should just send them back to Comcast. So, I called Comcast Fraud back again for the third time and they tell me that I'm mistaking. They don't want to deal with it or handle it so I'm sitting on 2 new iPhones that I don't know what to do. I told them I was going to send them back verifying the return address on the shipping label and they told me not to because that department doesn't handle returns but wouldn't give me an address to send them back. They kept telling me that I was the one making a mistake.

Just wanted to post here in case anyone else out there is searching for this same topic as this thread is now Google's first search when asking "comcast sent phones not orderd"