Clearme

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 11, 2019
Hi guys. I LOVE your BLOG and adore the extraordinary work all of you do. Guys, I would like to find out if you have information on clearme.com. Would like to know if they have any exemptions for 100% disabled veterans.

Feb 12, 2019
I don't know about discounts, but I should choose either precheck or global entry if you ever travel internationally. It's way cheaper and available in all airports. Clear is starting to expand into areas like stadiums so that may add to the value, but to me it's not worth the very high cost compared to the others.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I just wanted to give you a heads up on this- it’s not as great as it seems.

We signed up with a discount as Delta CC customers and this has so far been a waste of money for us. We flew out of PBI several times and the Clear area was only at the Delta terminal, not JetBlue where we were flying out of. At our home airport of JFK it’s only at 2 of the 6 terminals.

The airports and terminals it’s available are limited. We also have global entry and TSA pre-check and that’s what we ended up using at airports that don’t have Clear. For us it has been a waste of money and we are glad we got it at a discount price and won’t be renewing. TSA pre-check works better.

Do your homework and check to see the airports AND terminals you fly out of most to make sure it’s at the terminal and airline you use most. If you fly AA and it’s only at a Delta terminal you might find yourself as disappointed as we are.

Jul 13, 2016
I love CLEAR, but I have been lucky that many of the airports I use have CLEAR. Saved me once in Las Vegas when my wallet was stolen that day I was flying home. The police told me to come to the airport 3 hours early to try to prove my identity. But since I had CLEAR I just arrived at regular time with my boarding pass. CLEAR is a huge advantage at MCO (Orlando) with all the families flying to and from Walt Disney World. I do get mine at a discount through my status with Delta.

Jan 22, 2015
Colorado
I also love CLEAR. I use it all the time in Denver. I use in with my Pre-Check and have never had to wait long at all to get through security.
At the end of the day ask yourself is it worth the cost to you? How often do you travel?
I used the free trial period and when I said I was going to cancel, they offered me a discounted price and I accepted it.

Apr 13, 2019
As business and leisure travelers out of MSP we love Clear. The TSA Precheck lines are routinely full and Clear never has a waiting line. We also have Global Entry and TSA (which are a great value). As a nervous flyer, breezing through security with Clear is well worth the value to me. I do hope they offer our veterans a deal.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
As I said it all depends on the airport you use. It’s important to check the airport you use the most to see if they offer it and if it’s in the terminal you leave from. I usually fly Delta and it would have been fine if I flew Delta out of PBI but I booked JetBlue twice and Clear is not in the JetBlue terminal.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
My colleagues have given you lots of information. My take on CLEAR is that it is inconsistent. When they first introduced it, coverage seemed to be fine. But now it's just too sporadic to count on. PreChek is $85 for five years, I don't think you can beat that for an economically viable solution.

Sep 19, 2015
Elsabiopr like others I believe that Clearme is useful to only a certain percentage of travelers — if one flies Delta a lot it may be useful.

They are not at the airport terminals I use regularly— although I took a Delta flight last Sunday the line for Precheck had two people in front of me so I waited 1 minute for the document check.

All Clear does is reduce document check time one still has to go through screening.
For me the lines and waits are for hand luggage screening even for Precheck — as there are so many people that forget to take keys out of pocket etc. I do not go to events at large stadiums so that part of the program is useless for me.

I would not sign up at this point as there is little use for me—

Apr 11, 2019
Greetings Everyone:
This is one of the reasons I subscribed to this Blog. The wealth of knowledge is unbelievable; which allows one to also share that knowledge and for that, I am ever grateful. Thanks a Million

Jan 6, 2015
Greetings Everyone:
This is one of the reasons I subscribed to this Blog. The wealth of knowledge is unbelievable; which allows one to also share that knowledge and for that, I am ever grateful. Thanks a Million
Have you determined yet the availability of the veteran's discount?