Chime bank

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 19, 2021
I am very concerned and upset that chime bank prepaid debit card closed my account and my linked american express serve account and they dont want to give me my money back witch is over 10,000 i can not get anybody to tell me what is going on, they also seized my funds on my linked serve prepaid card i just want my money at this point and for them to release my money from the linked account also this has really been hard with them taking all my money i am a single mom and i need to get food and pay the bills

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
I would suggest for the future the benefit of a brick and mortar Bank. I like and want a bank where I can go into and talk to a manager to fix problems.
Read their Chime's terms.

Now this does not help your current situation. I do not think you will get any positive result quickly. Many of these closed accounts were closed by their companies algorithm ( from depositing to much to quickly, to suspicious transfers, to needing to verify your self).
I am surprised you were not told what you need to do.
It appears that calling does little good and they want you to email them to try and resolve this issue. From the reviews I am reading it looks like there are many complaining of the same thing. I would think a complaint to the FED might get some results as they can not keep your money. The link below can help filing a complaint.
Many complaints here. Maybe someone posted a how to, about getting money back.
Good luck

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
You have a $10,000 debit card? I would seek assistance from your state’s Attorney General/banking commissioner.

Reactions: jsn55

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
I have to wonder if it was having so much money in the account triggered locking this account. To prevent wrong doing.

Reactions: AMA

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
What we have learned in the hundreds of threads about this issue is that a thorough review of the terms and conditions of the entity that has your money is vital. These companies are run by computers. They have little customer service. It could take months until a human researches your situation and solves the problem. It's difficult to find out what happened and how to fix it. So you need to review all the rules and regulations yourself and see if you can figure out what made them lock your account.