Cheesecake Factory Free eSlice Expired - No Notice

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 31, 2016
Around Christmas I ordered a $25 electronic gift certificate as a promo. The promo was buy a $25 e-gift cert and receive another cert good for a free eSlice certificate (free slice of cheesecake) for you and the recipient. I never saw anything stating that the eSlice cert expired at the end of March this year. The email showing the link to the eSlice cert did not mention it either.

Today I go to print them off and on the cert itself it shows it can only be redeemed from Jan 1 2017 through March 31 2017. So now I'm have have 2 eSlice Certs that are expired. Had I known, I would have redeemed them in the time frame required.

I searched the contacts and do not see any contacts for The Cheesecake Factory. Does anyone have the contact emails/phone numbers for them? Can anyone here give me some advice on how to handle this?

I'm not adverse to advocating for myself..I just need to know what's the best path for this. Thanks in advance.

Jan 6, 2015
I was able to find these contacts:

Corporate Headquarters
818-871-3000
David Overton, CEO
DOverton@thecheesecakefactory.com

Contacting the CEO for an issue of this magnitude could be considered overkill, but I found no other addresses that looked goof. In order to be successful, I think, you would need proof of the offer, preferably an email.

What do I tell them?
Your chances for success will be greatly improved by sticking to the relevant facts. And they quickly diminish with excessively long emails, arguing, insults, and/or threats. Be polite and professional even if and especially when you feel you have been mistreated. Always close by thanking them for their time and consideration.

It is also critical that your requests are clearly communicated and understood. Make sure you articulate your case for the compensation you are seeking (i.e., "why you should do this for me") without emotion or accusations.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Is this the promo?

YUM!
Through November 28th, The Cheesecake Factory is offering up two FREE slices of Cheesecake or Layer Cake for every $25 Cheesecake Factory gift card purchased online(including either plastic gift cards or electronic gift cards). You’ll receive your two FREE slices of Cheesecake or Layer Cake in the form of eSlice of Joy Cards.

Each eSlice of Joy Card may then be redeemed on a future visit from 1/1/2017-3/31/2017 for one free slice of either cheesecake or layer cake. Note that only one eSlice of Joy Card may be redeemed per guest, per visit.

Apr 3, 2016
Have you tried just calling or visiting your local Cheesecake Factory restaurant to see if the manager will honor them? Cheesecake Factory restaurants near me are very customer friendly. I would try this first before reaching out to the corporate contacts.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Are the $25 Gift Certs still good? It's just the 2 slices of cheesecake you're looking for? I agree with Razilo, pop into your local CF for a meal and have a chat with the manager about comping your dessert.

Jan 6, 2015
Are the $25 Gift Certs still good? It's just the 2 slices of cheesecake you're looking for? I agree with Razilo, pop into your local CF for a meal and have a chat with the manager about comping your dessert.
The issue is he can't even PRINT them. So, he has nothing to show anyone ...

Apr 3, 2016
He seems to be able to view them since he says the actual certificates have the dates on them. It they will not print, a person can do a screen capture on a PC or a screen shot on a tablet and then print the picture. Also, with a smart phone, he can show the emails for the certificates (or print them) or show what the links in the emails reveal. These should be good for a CF manager.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
He seems to be able to view them since he says the actual certificates have the dates on them. It they will not print, a person can do a screen capture on a PC or a screen shot on a tablet and then print the picture. Also, with a smart phone, he can show the emails for the certificates (or print them) or show what the links in the emails reveal. These should be good for a CF manager.
Excellent advice!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
But the promo as Jville pulled it up clearly states the certicate dates and they did expire end of March. Perhaps the certificates can't be printed because they are invalid. I am not sure why presenting them to anyone would do any good since the promo clearly states the dates.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
But the promo as Jville pulled it up clearly states the certicate dates and they did expire end of March. Perhaps the certificates can't be printed because they are invalid. I am not sure why presenting them to anyone would do any good since the promo clearly states the dates.
That is the Promo I found, I have no idea if it's the one our LW purchased. He/she apparently has not shared a picture or screen shot of what it looks like. ;)

May 31, 2016
@JVillegirl541 I'm not sure that's the promo as I do not have the original email for that, but it does look like it. If that is the one, it's the only reference to the 1/1 - 3/31 dates.
@Razilo No, I have not tried asking the local manager. I agree, CF has always been a very customer friendly business in my dealings with them. That's great advice. The e-Slice certs are still printable (that's the only place I saw the expiration date). The $25 cert does not expire as I paid for that. I'll give it a try.
Thanks everyone!

Jan 6, 2015
I agree with the advice from @Razilo and @Neil. When you approach the manager, explain that you did not notice the expiration dates and would greatly appreciate it if they would honor the coupon. Thanking them in advance has proven successful for me ...