CHEAPOAIR ARE FRAUDULENTS

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 8, 2018
I had been booked by Cheapoair to Ryanair airline where they are unusually on labor strike. The day I was booked, representative did not mention the airline at the time of the booking. I fought it and she said she could not do anything to change it. The airline went on strike the following week and got booked for the same with a different airline. Cheapoair would not return the money to me directly and they also charged me unauthorized ads on my bill. I am disputing this situation with my credit card bank.

Feb 16, 2018
Help us to understand, you booked a flight with CheapOAir, you were booked on RyanAir, they went on strike, and you were re-booked on another airline for the same route on the same day? Did you complete the trip as originally booked? I do not understand what an unauthorized ad is, please explain.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
So you have never been refunded by RyanAir? Is that what you are claiming?

CheapoAir didn’t book you on RyanAir. You chose RyanAir when you chose the price you wanted to pay.
Cheapo comes up with a list of flights and you choose the airline- not them. So you actually opted to book with RyanAir, Cheapo booker what you chose.

The rep. may not have known about a potential strike when you booked so I’m not sure why you bring this up. Their job is to give you the options to purchase tickets and you choose. Did you know about the potential strike when you booked?

You are owed a refund for the RyanAir ticket if they were on strike and you couldn’t fly. If you haven’t been refunded, here are our company contacts for Cheapo:

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/fareportal/

Read this post on how to write and create a paper trail in case you go all the way up the Executive chain and don’t get your refund:

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/