Charter Spectrum

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 6, 2021
Charter just turned my cancelled account over to a collection agency for $211.05.

My subdivision only offers internet through Charter or AT&T. I chose Charter 3 years ago. They insisted I use IMAP and during installation by them I lost over a hundred emails in addition to not receiving or syncing files as it should. At the time, Dale Elifrits was NTX Director of Field Ops and was kind to reimburse me for charges to my IT guy, lost service, lost material, etc. I was also reimbursed for charges of help from Microsoft. The total was somewhere around $200.

I also had Charter as my TV provider with nothing but problems. Their DVR boxes simply did not work correctly. At times there might be 5 service men at my house along with their supervisor trying to fix it but telling me the boxes were no good. I finally gave up on this service and switched to streaming which drops constantly.

Also cancelled their phone service since it was not dependable.

The internet continued to give unsatisfactory service and in 2019 went haywire again. I lost emails, never received all mail, and mail was not syncing with files as it should. Gerald Scavelli was N TX director at the time and when I brought these problem to his attention, he also was gracious to reimburse me. Additionally he gave me a lower monthly rate on internet and TV for 2 year. This included poor internet service that was not working correctly most of the time. Neither Mr. Elifrits nor Mr. Scavelli questioned that it was Charter’s responsibility. Microsoft had said it was a Charter issue causing all the problems and this was not new to Microsoft; they dealt with it all the time and would try to work with Charter engineers to make corrections.

I work from home and having a reliable internet is imperative.

I think it was September 2020 that internet started acting up again. When I sent an email to my customers they responded that they received 17+ copies of the same email. This was so bad I had to stop using the internet until it was fixed. I lost business and even lost an irate new customer. Microsoft again said “we know about this and have contacted Charter engineers,” I pleaded with director Rip Bollman to get this fixed. He denied any relation to the problem. I encouraged him to speak with his company engineers and to even do what he could so I had some internet service. He just kept repeating it was not their problem. At this point I was not receiving all emails, some emails would come a day or so late or if I sent a single email it was not always received and for 2 months could not send emails at all to my customers.

I repeatedly had Charter tech guys to the house but no one ever found a problem and they told me the problem was not in my house, not in my equipment and not the line connection from outside. (It was bigger than that; it was an engineering problem happening all again.) Mr. Bollman wanted to send tech men out and would charge me because they found nothing. I began refusing anyone coming out. I was not going to pay for something they were causing.

Mr. Bollman began telling me it was “just me” and no on else had a problem. Microsoft had already told me that Charter customers were having these problem. One of my business customers, out of state, knew the detailed problems I was experiencing. She said she thought it was the same problems she was having. She did not work with Microsoft but said her IT had told her it was Charter- her internet provider.

Poor service has always been a problem with Charter on phone, TV and internet. If I ask for a credit it was acknowledged but never (or seldom) received. Once in a while you might catch a customer support person who would listen and credit for down time or service simply not working. Most of the time you get a lot of pacify talk. I just want truth and I want the service I pay for, but will not pay for bad service or no service. The time lost for months with poor/no service costs me dearly in my business. Worst is that the director would not accept responsibility for the problems and he did not care what Microsoft or anyone else said. I assured him I had phone recordings with Microsoft outlining the problems and Charter’s responsibility. This did not matter to him. He said he cannot SEE a problem. Offered to show him the replies from customers about receiving multiple copies of mail, email that comes late, report of email never received or anything else he wants; however, he refused to see my papers or Microsoft statements. Most of the time, my email did not even show up on Charter’s server.

I had just renewed my expiring contract with Charter, but when I was encouraging Mr. Bollman to work with his engineers and get the internet fixed, he raised my monthly rate, not accepting the renewal and even removed the rate Gerald Scavelli had given me for 2 years.

Bollman is just being a bully. He knows I am a single senior and wants to make sure I know he is in control. I don’t like being lied to or taken advantage of. I have been through this with Charter 3 times and I understand what is happening. I had much rather pay my bill for reliable service than having to go through this bait and switch with Bollman. But I won’t pay for service I have not received. I made this clear to him. It does not make logical sense that he not be responsible when his predecessors immediately took responsibility for Charter’s inability to give good service and worked to correct it.

Bollman told me he was going to cut my service off if I did not pay. Told him I would not pay for service not received and he actually owes me for lost income, loss of a new customer and fees paid to Microsoft. (Charter will not give any assistance if you use Outlook even though most of their techs and office people use Outlook.)

He cut service on 2/8/21 for non- payment of unreliable service. I immediately went to ATT for their internet and TV (my only other choice). While their internet is so much better, they do have their own set of problems. These were reported often in our subdivision communications. I am not looking for perfection anywhere, and I know it is not there, but I do expect continuous reliable service and I am willing to pay for that at an agreed upon price that they won’t jerk around.

Jun 6, 2021
I don't want to be charged or harassed for monies I do not owe. Charter sent this alleged fee for collection to Sunrise Credit Services. Can you get Sunrise to not try to make a collection on this matter. I am not ever paying for what I do not owe but I know how collection agencies work. I want this dismissed.

Current email provider AT&T.

Nov 27, 2019
I don't want to be charged or harassed for monies I do not owe. Charter sent this alleged fee for collection to Sunrise Credit Services. Can you get Sunrise to not try to make a collection on this matter. I am not ever paying for what I do not owe but I know how collection agencies work. I want this dismissed.

Current email provider AT&T.
I would strongly suggest that you not use your ISP's included email for your business communications. With that said, we have company contacts for Charter here: https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/charter-communications-charter-spectrum/

Start by emailing the first contact, and, if you don't hear anything in a week, go on to the next. Make your email short and to the point: your service was unreliable, and you don't believe you should be forced to pay for the cancelled service.

Reactions: Alexander Pahany