Charges for no service

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 19, 2019
I received a bill from Direct TV dated March 16 that stated my account would be billed from March 15 to April 14. 2019 on March 30th as always. I had called Direct TV on March 15th to cancel. I was informed that I had to call March 14 in order for me to be not charged $106 and that they were sorry but I would have to pay the money since it was an AT&T new policy put forth in Feb that I would have to pay since I did not cancel at least 1 day in advance. No where was I informed of this new policy and being a senior citizen on Social Security and extra $106 is going to hurt. I have tried talking to so many people with the same answers. Sorry, .... I told the last person I talked to , take my money and apply it to another senior citizens account to help them. Of course, that's not an option. Any suggestions anyone?

Jan 6, 2015
You can reach out to DirecTV using the Company Contacts link at the top of this page.

You could also post your proposed email here if you would like us to review and comment . . .

Read this first: How to Present Your Case. In my own approach to writing, I remember to include two things: that I am mindful of their policies and time constraints and grateful for any good service I received and also their time and consideration.

Jul 13, 2016
You say that you were not informed of this cancellation policy, but either it is in your terms and conditions of your contract, or, you received an email or snail mail informing you of the change in policy.

You have to pay attention to your billing cycles to avoid penalties like this. My advice to everyone when wanting to cancel a service is to look at your billing cycle, read your contract, and be aware of the last day you can cancel without incurring an additional month. THEN call and cancel within the correct time frame.