Let’s see what happens with the chargeback and then cross the next bridge when we get there!Thank you. I haven't been able to change course: I originally contacted Syncrhony in December and asked them to cance the dispute so the pending A-Z claim could be completed. I didn't know enough yet to do that in writing, so I did it via phone and their chat service several times in December and January. It didn't work. I'm aware that I might be banned from Amazon even though their records show it was never delivered, I just have no idea what to do at this point either way. If the chargeback is denied or if it goes through, it seems really gloomy.
I ask myself all the time: do I just bite the bullet and pay $2K for something that was clearly lost in transit and then try to pursue a replacement from Amazon? If the chargeback is successful, do I fight another battle with Amazon directly and if so how do I do that? I don't expect this team to be able to answer those for me, it's just what I worry about constantly.
There don't seem to be any good options. It was an accidental chargeback to begin with but now it seems that I am doomed to failure because I wasn't able to rectify it right away. It feels like chargebacks are destined for failure regardless, and I didn't even know that there was such a thing or that I had accidentally started one.
I don’t see why you cannot start this process now. These are two different avenues for you to resolve this issue.Quick question: my County Consumer Protection Agency has suggested that I also fill out a report for them to have on file. I am guessing that would also be after the chargeback results.
I don't think you'll get any kind of official communication from Synchrony, you'll just need to follow your account to find out what they're doing. I had an issue recently with American Express and I received 6 letters via USPS over 7 weeks, none of which made any sense or even addressed my problem. And AmEx is supposed to have good customer service ... whereas I've heard a few complaints about Synchrony.Yes, I see that I haven't got that yet, no kind of official communication from the bank about this. I did get a letter the first time, March 8th, when they charged me again after they closed the first dispute not in my favor by using false equivalency, but I admit I hadn't know where/how to send all the evidence.
So, is it possible that between March 8th and today, despite everything in March, I sent, they were just thinking about whether or not to give the conditional credit and open a new chargeback?
This is really confusing because I got that same letter from Amazon in late March after the first one had resulted in me being charged for the computer again. So all this time, for the past 2 months, the bank hadn't decided what to do with all the documentation I sent.... Thanks for all your help so far. I guess I just wait some more and hope to hear something from someone so I can provide the evidence again.
If you carry a balance, you paid interest on the disputed amount. The refund is backdated to the transaction date to allow the interest to be recalculated since the "purchase" never took place.I am now officially confused by the sentence that the refund was posted December 10, 2020 (unless they are retroactively doing that because it's when the computer was actually lost during shipping? I have no idea)