Car Rental with Citi Rewards

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 21, 2014
I am having trouble understanding my Citi Visa rewards program. I would like to rent a car with my rewards in Las Vegas (McCarran Airport) and return the rental car in Los Angeles (LAX). Which in my adult world would appear to be a reasonable and common request.Citi Visa tells me I must return the car where I rented it from. Is this common with these programs? Am I missing something in the BIGGER picture possibly ?

Grant Ritchie

Dependable adequacy :-)
Oct 1, 2014
Dear Bud,

As Tony said, Citi Visa distributes the rewards, so Citi Visa has the right to set the ground rules. How did you learn of the site return restriction? Via a phone call? If so, I'd suggest that you email Citi. It's possible that you received a shoot-from-the-hip answer to your question, and an email might elicit a more sensible response. If it doesn't. If you still receive a "No," then I'd say that's the end of the story. They have a right to impose whatever restrictions they wish. Sorry I couldn't have better news.

Grant

B

bodega3

Most bank cards have a contract with an agency to handle the reservations. What bank cards can or can't offer is based on contracts that these agencies have with various vendors. Not all rental cars are allowed to go one way and it can vary from location to location with car size often being a factor in one way rentals.