Can't get help for replacement Fitbit

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 11, 2018
I had problems with my Fitbit and I can't get help from a supervisor.
I was lucky enough Fitbit send me a replacement for my malfunction Fitbit Charge HR but the replacement came in a bag which I truly believe was a refurbished Fitbit.
It doesn't hold the charge. I told the company I set this Fitbit up in April and now its August. Customer service tells me, they only do one replacement. I told her I wanted to speak with a supervisor, because I wanted to upgrade to a higher end model, but was looking to receive a 50% discount as it was offered to me when I was looking to receive a replacement for my last Fitbit which isn't working. I was told 25% was the highest discount. After numerous emails I thought I was dealing with a higher level of support... I wasn't getting anywhere and found out I was still only dealing with Customer service agents and not a supervisor.
I am not looking for free, but I think it's unfair Fitbit sends you a faulty replacement and than blames you for it.
What should I do?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
My wife was a Fitbit fanatic and had the same problem as you did. They sent her refurbished replacements too. And would only warranty the replacement to what the original warranty was on the first one she bought.

The solution? She bought an Apple Watch she hadn’t had to deal with FITBIT anymore.

Try using our contacts for the company:

Start at the lowest executive on the ladder and move up weekly if you get no response.
https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/fitbit/

Aug 11, 2018
Thank you for your suggestion, I have an android phone otherwise I would have switched many moon's ago. I know many people with apple watches which never had a problem. This is my 5th fitbit and each of them had other issues.....2 were brand new the others were replacements which seemed to have issues right away. I have not had a fitbit for more than a view months. I don't think its unreasonable to asked for a 50% since I am willing to give them one more try with a higher end fitbit and purchase it not asking for a replacement.
I will send an email to the lowest executive and see what happens.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
My wife had the exact same problem you did with the battery not taking the charge. It would last 2 weeks and then stop charging. They replaced hers 4 X and then told her they wouldn't replace again and she threw it out.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
This must be beyond frustrating. For what it's worth, I cannot wear a Timex watch. After a month or two, they just stop working. After this happened the third time over the years, I realized that there was something with my chemistry that caused this. It sounds insane, but my Citizen watches last forever. I'm sure a fitbit costs a whole lot more than a Timex watch but I just wanted to give you this little bit of intel.