Cancun Package Refund...

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 10, 2018
I need help in refunding a Cancun package that I had purchased last May 2018. This is my second package purchased from this company. I bought this because I have two friends who would like to visit Mexico too during the winter but they backed out. So I decided to call their customer service hotline on October 5,2018 but I was informed by a certain Every Stone that I can't refund it like a car rental or hotel reservation. I have done both and they would only charge you upon check-in and car pick-up. He informed me that the only thing I can do is transfer it to a different person, in short they want me to sell it for them. He also accused me that I am only refunding it because they can't accommodate us on a peak season this year. A totally different story or issue though but I am very disappointed with them on that matter too.

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
What do the terms and conditions of the package say? What is the company? What was your original method of payment?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Who did you book through and what were the terms? Most of these packages are non refundable - that’s why you pay up front and not at the hotel. If you didn’t but Cancel for Any Reason insurance, you might be out of luck.

We need full details to help you. Your friends might each owe you 1/3 if what you paid if you paid for them to go with you for backing out.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I need help in refunding a Cancun package that I had purchased last May 2018. This is my second package purchased from this company. I bought this because I have two friends who would like to visit Mexico too during the winter but they backed out. So I decided to call their customer service hotline on October 5,2018 but I was informed by a certain Every Stone that I can't refund it like a car rental or hotel reservation. I have done both and they would only charge you upon check-in and car pick-up. He informed me that the only thing I can do is transfer it to a different person, in short they want me to sell it for them. He also accused me that I am only refunding it because they can't accommodate us on a peak season this year. A totally different story or issue though but I am very disappointed with them on that matter too.
Please review your confirmation materials that you received in May 2018. These will tell you what you agreed to and whether a refund or credit for future use is allowed.

Nov 10, 2018
I have attached a screen shot of the terms and conditions of the said purchase I did not find any statement that says it is non-refundable. In fact, when I brought up the word refund to my agent, she said, “ It will take a longer time to refund the package that means it is doable.” Evaristo must have thought I am someone he can just ditch with, no sweat no effort without a fight who does not know how to fight for one’ right as a consumer and my value for money!

Attachments

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Many of us don't open attachments unless they're from close friends or family. Please read all of them over and tell us what these attachments say about cancelling the package. If you're uncertain about the policy, copy and paste the relevant information (not all the pages, just the cancellation policy) into your response.

Nov 10, 2018
As I have mentioned above, there is not statement in any sections of the terms and conditions that this is non-refundable:

section 1 . Discusses - Usage
2. Requirements
3. Inclusion
4. Requirements
5. Inclusion
6. Hacienda Tres Rios
7. Low Season Resevation Bonus
8. Private Viewing at host resort while in Cancun
9. Airport - Resort Trasnportation
10. Travel Insurance Protection
11. Group Travel
12. Exlusions
13. Initial Sale Representation
14. Important Notice Stating that Premier Cancun Vacations has sole authority
15. Bonus
16. Bonus Descriptions
16 A Orlando
B Dream Vacation Week
C Cruise
D Costa Rica
E Florida
17 Spa Credits
18 Fees Payable

Apr 3, 2016
As I have mentioned above, there is not statement in any sections of the terms and conditions that this is non-refundable:

section 1 . Discusses - Usage
2. Requirements
3. Inclusion
4. Requirements
5. Inclusion
6. Hacienda Tres Rios
7. Low Season Resevation Bonus
8. Private Viewing at host resort while in Cancun
9. Airport - Resort Trasnportation
10. Travel Insurance Protection
11. Group Travel
12. Exlusions
13. Initial Sale Representation
14. Important Notice Stating that Premier Cancun Vacations has sole authority
15. Bonus
16. Bonus Descriptions
16 A Orlando
B Dream Vacation Week
C Cruise
D Costa Rica
E Florida
17 Spa Credits
18 Fees Payable
Why do not think it does not mention being non-refundable? Did you read Section 1/Usage.? Section 1 says specifically that it is sold on a non-refundable basis. That means it is non-refundable.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Paragraph 1 - Usage - states " All vacation packages are sold on a non-refundable basis". This makes them non-refundable. It does say after that that the vacation can be transferred to a third party.
Razilo is 100% correct- it does state right there it’s nonrefundable.

The two that canceled on you owe you 2/3 of what you paid. Wish I had better news for you.

Nov 10, 2018
First of all, I am grateful for this platform. I believe that this is a very great idea. A stage where consumers could share to each other experiences, inequities and inconsideration to a wider spectrum of future consumers.

I am airing the inequity and inconsideration that I have experienced from Premiere Cancun Vacation. After all the kindness that I have extended to this company by referring ten (10) or more friends to buy this so called packages, the consumers who visited Cancun before me either cursed the agent or threaten to sue. Now you are extending your different kind of hospitality to me by denying us accommodations on your so called peak seasons, when in fact after talking to a friend who bought the same package, your customer service Evaristo is trying to book them on the same dates claiming that the package would almost expire but purchased a month after mine. What kind of lunacy is this? Is this your way of recognizing kindness? Do I deserve to loose $2694.00 worth of hard earned money? Since you are denying me the product that I paid for, on a time that is my only availability by claiming that all your resorts Ocean Spa Hotel, The Laguna Suites Golf and Spa, Hacienda Tres Rios are full? When in fact during the sales pitch of your agents Trina Briones and Josie Estrada and Gennie RS, that these reaorts are big and can accommodate us anytime even if we book a week before?

If you would say that it is written in the terms and conditions, when do we receive the terms and conditions? Is it during sales pitch or after paying? Then you would say this is non-refundable........Hmmmm....

Ahhhhhh, I forgot but we are bounded by the laws of man, gone are the days when word of honour is a must, integrity of products sold is the best marketing strategy, satisfaction of consumers would ensure repeat business and more referrals, highway robbery is a must in order to succeed in the hotel/resort industry by selling TIMESHARE when they get here giving them so called free tour but half of the time let’s bombard them with selling a unit they can’t use when they need it........are these the new norms now? I did not receive the memo. Is the industry booming now? Or cursed by a different product where there is a chance consumers could get the said lost values and blessings........CIAO...

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The terms are on the forms you attached.

You are dealing with time share company, not a travel agency and one with a lot of complaints. There are warnings all over the internet about this company and their website doesn’t work anymore. They only have a Favebook Page. Your initial complaint is that your two friends backed out of the trip you booked. Now you are saying you can’t book the dates you want. Which is it?

The packages are supposed to be transferable. Do you have someone else who is willing to go?

You should go back to the two friends that agreed to go with you and then backed out. They owe you the money for telling you they would go and then backing out. Can you find two others to take their place?

There are tight restrictions whenever you book these time share packages. Timeshares are among the biggest ripoffs in the Travel business. Either you love the place you book at enough to want to pay fees for 20 years or you buy one and feel ripped off.

You probably could have booked a real vacation for $2397 with a travel agency instead of through a time share company.

Do an internet search for “telemarketers sell pricey vacation to dementia patient” and see what they stoop to.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
You state "This is my second package purchased from this company ". Did you read the terms on the first package? If not, you should go back and review those terms. It is very likely that the same terms applied to your previous purchase where it is clearly stated that the package is non-refundable. You can ask for a credit for a future travel date, but they clearly told you in writing that the package is non-refundable.

John Galbraith

Staff Member
Advocate
Director
Jan 22, 2017
Poole
Hi Glenda, If you tell me which resort you are booked into I can try and find you a contact to write to. I just want to make sure I get the right company. As Neil says we are nothing to do with Premier Cancun Vacations. We are a non-profit making consumer advocacy organisation.

John Galbraith

Staff Member
Advocate
Director
Jan 22, 2017
Poole
https://www.facebook.com/PremierCancunVacations/
This info is available if you look. It is from their own FB pages. Many complaints 1.5/5 ratings.
I think I have tracked down the company that owns Premier Cancun Vacations (including it's website) , the owner and her email address but I need the Op to confirm the resort so I can sure I have the right company.