cancelled Cruise refunds

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
The starting point in cases like this is an examination of the relevant policies/information, which "seems" to be at this link: Road Scholar Updates & New Policies

This site does offer cruises, but in the above link it refers to payments as "tuition credits" in the Frequently Asked Questions section:
"If you’re interested in participating with Road Scholar at a later date, but aren’t ready to enroll in another program right now, you can opt for us to hold your payment on file as a tuition credit to be used on a future Road Scholar learning adventures. Your tuition credit is fully refundable if at any time in the future you should decide that you are unable to travel with us again."​
What does that mean exactly? It appears to me that it says you first accept a credit and THEN later you are eligible for a refund.

But Road Scholar is new to me, so I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patina and jsn55

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Which year was the cruise scheduled? Do the cruises operate like the land tours, using different nomenclature like tuition instead of fare? There might be a hint there. I agree with VoR, their FAQs state that a tuition credit is refundable. Why are you asking? Is there something we can help you with?

Reactions: VoR61