Cancellation of Vacation Package Purchased.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 18, 2019
We Purchased a vacation package from ROYAL HOLIDAY VACATION CLUB at Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort and Spa on February 3, 2019 after 5 star treatment and drinks and very high pressure sales. We did fall hard for the sales pitch and purchased a package with a down payment and 3 large payments to follow and monthly payments for 3 years and a yearly membership fee. Couldn't sleep all night because of our Buyers Remorse!! Our sales rep called in the morning and I immediately told him we wanted to cancel.
So the process began several attempts to cancel with the office over the next 2 days it seemed would not be successful. I was told to email their lawyer "Kenmy"
who I signed the package with and tried to meet with a couple of times but he was never available. During the process I was told I would not get my deposit back.
On February 5, 2019 I sent out 3 emails one to the lawyer. Asked to cancel contract and asked for a refund.
kmedrano@royal-holiday.net
rfortuna@royal-holiday.net
service@royal-holiday.com
I consider myself a smart person although I cannot believe how stupid I was. I had hoped to resolve this issue before leaving the resort and was hopeful that they would refund us.
After 6 days I had not received any response from any of the 3 emails.
I sent a second e-mail to Kenmy (the lawyer) He asked for a phone # and I did give him our room # at the resort to contact and also my cell # which is with me at all times. He did not call me.
We are now home and I am still hopeful....

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
At this point (15 days after purchase) you should consult an attorney ASAP. The club has delayed taking any action until after the period (if there is one in the contract) when the contract would let you cancel. They are relying on the fact that you are now back home and not in the country where you signed the contract.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
We Purchased a vacation package from ROYAL HOLIDAY VACATION CLUB at Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort and Spa on February 3, 2019 after 5 star treatment and drinks and very high pressure sales. We did fall hard for the sales pitch and purchased a package with a down payment and 3 large payments to follow and monthly payments for 3 years and a yearly membership fee. Couldn't sleep all night because of our Buyers Remorse!! Our sales rep called in the morning and I immediately told him we wanted to cancel.
So the process began several attempts to cancel with the office over the next 2 days it seemed would not be successful. I was told to email their lawyer "Kenmy"
who I signed the package with and tried to meet with a couple of times but he was never available. During the process I was told I would not get my deposit back.
On February 5, 2019 I sent out 3 emails one to the lawyer. Asked to cancel contract and asked for a refund.
kmedrano@royal-holiday.net
rfortuna@royal-holiday.net
service@royal-holiday.com
I consider myself a smart person although I cannot believe how stupid I was. I had hoped to resolve this issue before leaving the resort and was hopeful that they would refund us.
After 6 days I had not received any response from any of the 3 emails.
I sent a second e-mail to Kenmy (the lawyer) He asked for a phone # and I did give him our room # at the resort to contact and also my cell # which is with me at all times. He did not call me.
We are now home and I am still hopeful....
You are a smart person, Robin, you started the cancellation process right away. These scammers are masters at reading people (emotions, not intellect) and tailoring their pitch accordingly. You were very smart to email 48 hours out, that's proof that you wanted to cancel, and within the proper time.

While you may need an attorney, I would lean on the emails as proof. Dispute the charges with your credit card. If your card is a strong one who will go to bat for its members, that should give you some breathing room to figure out how you're going to avoid all the rest of the horrendous charges. I would think that after the dispute has been settled, you could talk to your CC people and ask them to close your account and set up a new one. But I'm a logical person, and my colleagues may have more extensive understanding of your situation. Admit to yourself that you made a mistake. Then move on to fixing it ... from a position of strength.