Cancellation due to Cancer

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I am sorry to hear about your wife's troubles. Have you checked with the credit card you used to see if they offer any travel protection? We recommend purchasing travel insurance for anything you can't afford to lose. When was the 5th cruise scheduled? Have you already cancelled the 6th cruise?

You may try writing to our company contacts (located at the top of the page) for Viking and see if you can get a partial refund. Please read how to write located at the bottom of the company contacts page and then wait at least a week between each correspondence.

eta: @jsn55 beat me to it! :)
Carrie, I typed 95 wpm in high school, and I still can! Too bad my brain doesn't operate that fast.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
We've done 2 Viking cruises and have been very happy with both. But we ALWAYS buy trip insurance (and Medjet Assist) now that we're "senior citizens". So far we've been lucky, but we count the money spent on insurance and Medjet well worth the peace of mind.
You're smart ... I've had MedJet since we were about 40. Read my post in the Insurance Forum from September/October 2015 about my husband's new Parisien hip and what a good job MedJet did for us. I don't care who offers what, I'll never leave home without MedJet (compliments to Karl Malden and American Express).