• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 22, 2018
In January of this year, American Airlines let me know that if I didn't have some activity in my account by Feb 28, 2018, my 49,900 miles would expire. An email suggested that I could purchase a number of good through their e-shopping mall to keep them from expiring.

I clicked on their link (from their site) to purchase flowers from ProFlowers. The order was made on Jan 30, 2018 and delivered Feb 13, 2018, way before the deadline.

In March, I found out my miles had expired. I called American Airlines and they said they had no record of the purchase. I also called ProFlowers and they said that my AA number was not included in the purchase and couldn't add it retroactively.

I am hoping to get my miles back. They're worth almost $500. I did what they asked and followed their procedures, and now they don't want to honor it due to their own bug in the system.

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
Do you happen to have browsing history turned out to go back that far and if you do, without clicking on the link (i.e. you need to hover over it) do you see a link which shows you clicked a link that indicated you were entering the ProFlowers site from AA Shopping, including your AAdvantage number?

Jul 27, 2016
Do you use any sort of Adblocker on your web browser? They often block the cookie information that connects cashback/miles shopping sites from the actual vendor.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Good for you to pay attention to your hard-earned miles. You wouldn't believe the number of posts we receive from people who think "someone else" is taking care of their miles. You can fix this if you have proof, it will just take patience and persistence.

ADVOCATE ADVICE
When you're in a situation like this, monitor the activity on a weekly basis. Don't assume all is well, make sure your have complied with the requirements. Much easier to fix an issue a week after the flowers are delivered than 3 months later.