Canada Whistler Premier Hotels Will Not Reimburse Even With Travel Restriction from the US Due to COVID

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 11, 2021
Before the start of COVID, I booked a hotel room at Horstman House by Whistler Premier from March 23, 2020, through March 27, 2020, for $1,044.55. When I called Hotel.com, they canceled my reservation, however, Hotel.com told me that I had to go through the hotel to get my refund. I've called and contacted them through email numerous times and they give me the same answer when I told them I could not travel due to the COVID travel restrictions -- they will not issue a refund but will give me a credit for three months to use. So, when I called and emailed in June, they extended the credit another three months due to a continuation of the travel restriction from the US to Canada. Then, I called in September and they extended it another three months for the same reason. And so on with my call in December. I do not see a trip to Canada in the near future and I would like a full refund. Please let me know what other information you need. Thank you. Irene

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
What was the cancellation policy of the booking? If it was non-refundable, then your likely not going to get a refund. Many companies have provided an extenuating circumstances policy that provides for credit in consideration of the pandemic, but this is not something they were or are required to do. So if this is the case, all you may be able to do is to continue to request an extension. If it was refundable (or partially so), then you would be due a refund.

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
The starting point in cases like this is an examination of the relevant policies/information, which can be found at this link: Booking Policy
CANCELLATION​
COVID-19 Exception
If due to a ski resort closure (winter only), province/state travel ban or border closure affecting your reserved travel dates we will provide a 1-year monetary credit (from the time of your original departure date) good for a future stay in any of our properties.​
Based upon that policy, I do not see a path for a refund. You could, of course, request a further extension of the credit to the end of this year.

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
If you booked a Non Refundable reservation then your credit was just a curtsy . They could have kept your money completely. Unfortunately once you get a future travel credit you are usually stuck with a credit. I think you are lucky they keep extending your credit. There are plenty that did not get refunds or had their vouchers expire before they could use them. Remember that like you the hotel is not at fault. You both are effected and you are both hurt and out cash.

Reactions: Rosebud