can you now buy Priceline NAME YOUR PRICE tickets originating in Australia ?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 14, 2015
someone just told me they made a bit on priceline for tickets Australia to USA round trip. There bid was declined.

Does this now mean that you can now buy tickets originating in Australia or will all bid simply be declined ?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
So here is what I found on Priceline about international use. There is a list of countries with credit cards that are accepted on Priceline and Austrailia is one of them;

Close Window

Available Countries

Below is a list countries we currently accept credit cards from when booking a published fare reservation.

• United States
    • Australia
    • Canada
    • United Kingdom
    • Mexico
    • France
    • Spain
    • Netherlands
    • Italy
    • Brazil
    • Germany
    • Ireland
    • Switzerland
    • Israel
    • Sweden
    • Japan

So it seems they can.

Oct 14, 2015
So here is what I found on Priceline about international use. There is a list of countries with credit cards that are accepted on Priceline and Austrailia is one of them;

Close Window

Available Countries

Below is a list countries we currently accept credit cards from when booking a published fare reservation.

• United States
    • Australia
    • Canada
    • United Kingdom
    • Mexico
    • France
    • Spain
    • Netherlands
    • Italy
    • Brazil
    • Germany
    • Ireland
    • Switzerland
    • Israel
    • Sweden
    • Japan

So it seems they can.
no that means you can bid on U.S. domestic flights or U.S. to international destinations

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
no that means you can bid on U.S. domestic flights or U.S. to international destinations
I wish I had a better answer for you. Priceline should be able to answer their own question!

We have a list of company contacts on top of the pages. I suggest going to the Travel Agency tab and getting the contacts for Priceline. Send a letter to Customer Service, give them a week to reply. If they don't or they still don't know, write to the first executive shown. Give executive a week to respond, then move up to the next if necessary. Repeat weekly until you get to the top.

Let us know the outcome so we will know if this question should come up again.

Michelle Friedman

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Sep 19, 2015
The list of facts on Priceline says that you can bid for flights that originate outside of the USA. But Qantas is not a participating airline with Priceline. So if any of the participating airlines have a flight (not a codeshare) from Australia then you could possibly have you bid accepted. I think there is probably not a good chance of this happening. I was trying to attach the file from Priceline that says the following information : "Yes, you can purchase tickets for international travel including tickets that originate outside of the USA" this is in response to the most frequently asked question " Can I place a request for departure originating outside of the USA" under name your own price questions.

For some reason these forums are giving me an error when I try to upload the screen shot and saying that it is too large for the server (it is only 37KB) :(

Oct 14, 2015
The list of facts on Priceline says that you can bid for flights that originate outside of the USA. But Qantas is not a participating airline with Priceline. So if any of the participating airlines have a flight (not a codeshare) from Australia then you could possibly have you bid accepted. I think there is probably not a good chance of this happening. I was trying to attach the file from Priceline that says the following information : "Yes, you can purchase tickets for international travel including tickets that originate outside of the USA" this is in response to the most frequently asked question " Can I place a request for departure originating outside of the USA" under name your own price questions.

For some reason these forums are giving me an error when I try to upload the screen shot and saying that it is too large for the server (it is only 37KB) :(
thanks but plenty of airline fly to Sydney, eg. Delta, United, American all have nonstops from LAX to SYD daily + Virgin nonstop from LAX to Brisbane & Sydney & United LAX to Melbourne.

kenish

Verified Member
Sep 1, 2015
KSNA
So here is what I found on Priceline about international use.
Available Countries

I believe most "opaque" tickets (including Name Your Own Price) are bulk fares, and not published fares. PL does allow purchase of "transparent" tickets which are the published fares. The policy and listed countries the you provided probably apply to the latter.

Oct 14, 2015
thanks. Yes have been able to use Australian credit cards for a long time now(OZ banking system is one of the best in the world, if you believe our banks-none went broke with U.S. banks caused GFC), but still can't find out if can get tickets originating in Australia.