Can I get any money back from Spectrum?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 26, 2018
Before I moved into a new apartment, I set up an order for basic internet service. I have a chat transcript from a Spectrum rep quoting me $52/month. She then mentioned that they had free installs with bundled packages and she could add in this bundle temporarily and I could cancel the phone/tv service at install. I attempted to do that and was told that since I was no longer a new customer I would be charged $89/month for basic internet. Weeks of back and forth and they still haven't fixed anything and I'm at the end of my rope. So I'm going to switch providers. Is there any chance of getting back any of the money I've paid to them? I'm so frustrated with their level of support and service and wanted to see if people had any suggestions.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Spectrum was Time Warner/Charter.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/time-warner-cable/

You are going to have to be much clearer in your communication to Spectrum. What you have posted is incomplete and confusing. You need to explain the issue in a bullet list email that will be read by someone who knows nothing about your problem, and can then look into it.

Email the fist cust serv person on the list, wait a week, if no/negative response and then move up the list.

Make sure before you cancel that your alternate provider will not cost more.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I can't believe I'm reading this: "I have a chat transcript from a Spectrum rep quoting me $52/month. She then mentioned that they had free installs with bundled packages and she could add in this bundle temporarily and I could cancel the phone/tv service at install ". This rep thinks it's OK to cheat her own company? I don't think you can have your cake and eat it too. The $52 rate came with an installation fee. It makes no sense to "cancel the phone/tv service at install". That negates the bundle rate, doesn't it?

I would write to say you didn't understand what you purchased and request the $52 rate and have them bill you for the installation.

Apr 30, 2018
I have had problems with Charter Spectrum.
I have found the easiest way to deal with them is to cancel their service, then to apply for service again as a new customer.