Business Consulting

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 6, 2018
I signed up for business consulting with a company called Hello Seven, run by Rachel Rogers. It was promoted as a business consulting service that would assist women entrepreneurs starting a new business. I paid them $5000 on 2 credit cards. The consulting is a boot camp of sorts that runs via a facebook group with lessons, coaching and feedback.

When I was speaking to the coach about signing up, I told her I wanted to start an engineering consulting firm. I could not get access for a good three days to the portal and could not get information from the support staff. The response to emails was really slow, in some cases, non-existent. The coaching took place on a Tuesday at 10 am PST, smack in the middle of my work morning. Before even signing up, I told them I could not accommodate this time and asked if there would be replays or chances to work after work hours with them. I was told yes. That was not true.

I was told if I worked the program, meaning show up to meetings I could not show up for, do the work in the modules, submit it for feedback, that if I did not reach $10k in revenue at the end of the ten weeks, they would refund my money. The entire system is based in facebook marketing which is not how engineering firms get business. In fact, facebook is literally not allowed in engineering workplaces so purchasing agents, managers, etc. would never see it.

I was denied a refund and ultimately, after the 10 weeks, and three refund requests, contested the charges. The credit card companies issued me provisional credits. The founder is sending me to collections unless I reverse the disputes. I did not get the service I requested. I could not even get hold of the people to complain to them and now, I am being bullied into paying them.

Do I have any recourse? Can I sue them? What would be the best course of action?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
What program did you buy and what was disclosed to you about what you were expected to do on your part? These things require work on your part. You will need to show what they said you would receive vs. what you received. Do you have a list?

Let the credit card dispute do what you’ve started
and see what happens. If you have a compelling case you can take it to small claims court if your dispute is finalized in your favor

Dec 6, 2018
I didn’t get anything in writing. It was all verbal. I had paid before I realized I was duped. Would it be better off just eating it rather than having my credit destroyed? I declared bk 8 years ago and had worked hard to rebuild it.

May 15, 2016
I don't want to smear all "business consulting services" especially one on Facebook, but you should consider your personal situation, which I know nothing about of course. I assume you are an engineer. Most engineers are employees and do well. Going out on your own requires entrepreneurial abilities, which include a degree of being able to independently assess situations and make decisions. You signed up for an expensive Facebook based bootcamp that you knew in advance at best was not ideal for you. I wonder how much you independently researched this service. Their communications to you before you paid were at times, as you said, non-existent. It sounds like a poor decision. It may be the cost you paid to realize your strengths and limitations and that your best options may not be starting a new business. If you still feel strongly about being independent, a more reasonable option would be to explore getting an MBA from an accredited college - which can also be done online.

Mar 23, 2015
I assume when you filed the dispute it was for "services not rendered/received," yes? Do you have any emails where you requested accommodations to the times of the seminars, or asked for help and were refused, etc..? Those would help. The fact that you have no contract (!) with the provider (and I use that term loosely) is going to make it harder mountain for you to climb, but hopefully your credit card companies are customer-centric. Also, the fact that they're threatening to send you to collections doesn't mean they will! Let the process you've started, play out..Good Luck!

Nov 20, 2015
It is unfortunate that they lied to you and that you have no proof to contradict the written terms and conditions of your agreement(which I assume were sent to you directly, or are found on the website of this consulting company)

Were I in your shoes, I would consult an attorney. If your credit card dispute is ultimately successful, you still owe the money. If the company decides to pursue you legally, the terms and conditions of your agreement may well allow them to recoup legal expenses well in excess of the $5000. If your dispute is unsuccessful, and you decide to sue them, the terms and conditions of your agreement may also allow them to recoup legal expenses if you lose the court case.

If you're building a business, you're going to occasionally need a good relationship with an attorney, anyway. This attorney should be able to help give you closure on this matter without having to spend too much money.